Timekiller...
May 3, 2002 at 7:57 PM Post #2 of 12
Oh yeah, played it a lot a few weeks ago. Got down to a 23, but never quite figured out a few holes. Have to start practicing again :p

May 3, 2002 at 8:05 PM Post #3 of 12
I average around 20-21 right now. I've played it a lot over the last couple of days, and have gotten 18 twice. The problem is that on some of the holes, the size and shape of the browser window affects how you play them. For example, on the 8th hole, I can consistently get a hole in one only if my browser window is a certain size and shape -- I know where to position the ball and mouse relative to certain elements in the window to get a hole in one. But change the window shape or size and I have to figure it all out again. Sigh. That's what I mean by "timekiller."

May 3, 2002 at 8:13 PM Post #4 of 12
Yeah, it's a nice game. I wish there were some real, good putt-putt courses around here.

May 3, 2002 at 8:23 PM Post #5 of 12
Quote:

Originally posted by Russ Arcuri
The problem is that on some of the holes, the size and shape of the browser window affects how you play them. For example, on the 8th hole, I can consistently get a hole in one only if my browser window is a certain size and shape

This is exactly the problem I ran into, and the main reason I stopped playing. On my browser on my home computer, there is no way to hit the ball hard enough to get a hole in one on #8. Oh well.

May 3, 2002 at 9:04 PM Post #6 of 12
Hehe, nothing beats 'Neo Turf Masters/Big Tournament Golf' even though its a full out golf game, its the best and most fun i've ever played.

May 3, 2002 at 9:13 PM Post #7 of 12
I've never seen this before, and I do have to admit that its pretty addictive... and I was doing really well on my third go until hole 11, when the ball got stuck on that small vertical brown bar in the middle of nowhere... can't get the ball off of it, oh well... back to hole 1...........

May 3, 2002 at 9:20 PM Post #8 of 12
Quote:

Originally posted by Duncan
I've never seen this before, and I do have to admit that its pretty addictive... and I was doing really well on my third go until hole 11, when the ball got stuck on that small vertical brown bar in the middle of nowhere... can't get the ball off of it, oh well... back to hole 1...........

tongue.gif
That happened to me the first time I played as well.

Most of my video game golf time is taken up by Hot Shots Golf 3 on the PS2. Got my first albatross last night - holed out from 222 yards!

May 3, 2002 at 10:38 PM Post #9 of 12
Quote:

Originally posted by dcg
On my browser on my home computer, there is no way to hit the ball hard enough to get a hole in one on #8. Oh well.

There's always a way to do it, even with small browser windows. It's just a matter of figuring out how. Hint: Adjust your aim.

May 4, 2002 at 8:08 PM Post #10 of 12
ahhh.. and i should really be doing homework... nooo.

first game was a 53. hmm.. guess i oughta practice.
smily_headphones1.gif
course i wasn't really trying either. umm.

May 5, 2002 at 9:15 PM Post #12 of 12
Quote:

For example, on the 8th hole, I can consistently get a hole in one only if my browser window is a certain size and shape -- I know where to position the ball and mouse relative to certain elements in the window to get a hole in one. But change the window shape or size and I have to figure it all out again. Sigh.

I think the key is not to position relative to window elements, but things on the golf course, like the stones. For example, for number eight I put the ball in the upper left corner and on the upper left corner of the eighth stone on the right side...diagram below. Works every time for me, no matter what the window shape is (assuming I can see the stone, of course)

Obviously this has become yet another vice to keep me from studying for my finals.
smily_headphones1.gif

Link to Screenshot

Users who are viewing this thread

Back