TIME TO WASTE MY WALLET!
May 18, 2004 at 3:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

lojay

1000+ Head-Fier
Finally my exams are OVER!
Really the time to sooth my upgradtis. I just can't listen to music anymore on my system (even crappier than the SBLive).

I'm not really sure whether I should buy the E-MU now (has it fallen from grace in head-fi yet?) because I'm used to listening to CD's.....hmmm....I want to buy a Meridian 508 or a very good used CDP....but the E-MU seems like a real steal.

Anyone know where I can get it cheap this week?
Addition: I live in Hong Kong, so I'll have to have it shipped from US...unless it's sold in Singapore or in Asia...

May 18, 2004 at 3:33 AM Post #2 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by lojay
Finally my exams are OVER!
Really the time to sooth my upgradtis. I just can't listen to music anymore on my system (even crappier than the SBLive).

I'm not really sure whether I should buy the E-MU now (has it fallen from grace in head-fi yet?) because I'm used to listening to CD's.....hmmm....I want to buy a Meridian 508 or a very good used CDP....but the E-MU seems like a real steal.

Anyone know where I can get it cheap this week?
Addition: I live in Hong Kong, so I'll have to have it shipped from US...unless it's sold in Singapore or in Asia...

I wouldn't say the EMU has fallen from grace, a few people have had driver issues, and I had one die on me, but I recently finished modding my new one, and it's starting to sound pretty doggone sick (and for only about $140 worth of parts)!

Nobody in particular that I know of sells the 1212M for much less if any at all than $199. I got mine from samedaymusic.com who live up to their name with great fast shipping and good customer service.

You can still listen to a full CD on the computer, nothing prevents you from doing this. All you have to lose is the ritual of finding, taking out, and replacing CD's from your colllection.

I won't know for about a month how my uber-modded EMU stacks up to the bigboys of the CD player realm, but I'd be willing to be that it's pretty damn close to as far as one can go with PC audio right now (not counting external DAC's of course).

May 18, 2004 at 4:09 AM Post #3 of 7
A few people had driver issues? so that's just software, right?
and what do u mean by it died on u? u modded it to death ?
k1000smile.gif
or it went dead on normal use?

I'll check samedaymusic.com anyways

May 18, 2004 at 4:13 AM Post #4 of 7
edit./...

May 18, 2004 at 4:16 AM Post #6 of 7
roflmao....
tongue.gif

btw i'd better be looking for another site, coz samedaymusic.com doesnt do overseas (Shipping Destinations
We do not ship outside of the U.S. or to P.O. boxes or to U.S. territories such as Guam, Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands. We do ship to APOs and FPOs at our normal low rates, though oversized items may be ineligible. We do ship to Alaska and Hawaii, though surcharges may apply since ground service is not available to those states)

May 18, 2004 at 2:01 PM Post #7 of 7
Just cant solve these 2 problems through search:

1.) Does PC allow SACD playback, like by using special apps with 5.1? (Not the CD part on hybrid SACDS)
2.) Still can't find the cheapest shipping and price for the EMU~ help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back