Time to upgrade the Beresford DAC-Suggestions for <$750
Apr 28, 2020 at 11:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

ruleof72

100+ Head-Fier
Long time, no post. After upgrading my speakers and turntable over the last 3 years it's time to say goodbye to my 7-year old Beresford DAC. Budget is ideally $750 or less. This will be in my dedicated 2 channel system. 75% listening through speakers and the rest through headphones. I want something that gives a nice soundstage. Being a fan of good vinyl playback I'm not a huge fan of an overly analytical sound. Analog is about 50% of listening, the 50% that is digital is mostly standard res streaming or physical CD with some higher res stuff tossed in. MQA would be nice but definitely not a "must have".

I've thought about trying a R2R as well as multibit but haven't done any critical comparisons to know the difference. I know there's lots of choices so hoping you can help to narrow the list down to a manageable number.

Thanks in advance!

May 28, 2020 at 5:43 PM Post #2 of 2
What about the Topping D90? It's fully balanced and you can get the MQA version now. I own one and love the clean look, great sound, and ability to run both balanced and RCA at the same time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back