time to upgrade from my sennheiser cx 870 in ears:))
Sep 3, 2012 at 11:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

insertnameHERE

New Head-Fier
Alright so after two months of hard work i finally have 210$!!!.so now i can upgrade to some good iems..you guys got any suggestions....my wear style is with the cable down, i like rock and rap,...so something with bass and something that can seperate the guitar vocals and drums..(like in the music i listen too)....and price range is any where from 150-210..i can go higher but with time..ill get more money.....thanks

Sep 7, 2012 at 10:20 PM Post #3 of 7
You said they need bass and well the ER-4 isn't known as having much of it though amp'ing helps.

Some of the IEM's that you might want to look at are the TF10, GR07, e-Q5, EPH-100 or if having a lot bass isn't that important the R-50 has the instrument separation and imaging your looking for as does the e-Q5.

Of though's I'd put the e-Q5 and TF10 at the top of of the list and the R-50 after that but all are much much better than the CX 870.

The TF10 has the most bass impact of the 3 and a good soundstage but the e-Q5 and R-50 have better instrument separation with the R-50 being the best.  The e-Q5 has the best all around sound quality with good detail, more bass impact and depth than the R-50 and the best soundstage that's airy and very spacious.

Though's are just some that I think might work for you but do as much research as you can before you buy one to make sure it will be the best option that has the sound your looking for.

Sep 7, 2012 at 10:57 PM Post #4 of 7
Thank you very much..you just justified my argument on this community being really helpful:)....the tf10 might be my choice but im going to look at some ciems from gorilla ears http://gorillaears.com/
They hVE some that can be worn down

Sep 7, 2012 at 11:11 PM Post #5 of 7
That's cool, you can't really go wrong with customs but I've never heard anything about Gorillaears so I'll check them out.

Sep 7, 2012 at 11:20 PM Post #6 of 7
If your looking at spending that kinda money you might want to look at Unique Melody, here's the link http://www.custom-iem.com/

While I haven't heard any of them yet they are know to have some of the best sounding customs and they're priced about the same as the Gorillaears.  2 of the customs I've looked at getting sometime are the Miracle (6 BA's 2 for each frequency) and the Merlin (5 driver hybrid with 4 BA's for mids and highs and a dynamic driver for the Bass).

Sep 8, 2012 at 1:21 AM Post #7 of 7
They are pretty impressive...but ive found out that my ears are just not meant with "over the ear design"..feels very uncomfortable...so i dont think over the ear is right for mee:frowning2:.....thanks for the choice though....greatly appreciated:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back