Time to replace my Sony MDR-EX300 earbuds
Nov 5, 2011 at 3:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

telliott

New Head-Fier
I have had a number of Sony  earbuds in the past and have been pretty happy with them.  All have been in the $79 (retail).  My MDR EX-300 phones have developed a short whter the short left wire meets the main cord.

I'm looking at the Sony MDREX310LP, which are $56.88 from Amazon, even less from Icon Electronics, through Amazon.

Should I stay with Sony or would I be better served with another brand that is possibly more durable or cheaper with comparable sound quality.  I sometimes wear them at work under ear protection.  After a while the glue comes loose and the plastic covers come off.  I've been pretty lucky.  The last couple sets of Sony earbuds I've had last over 2 years.  I have abused them by getting the cord caught on something, causing the left earbud to be yanked out of my ear (the cause of the short, I'm sure).

I'll probably get a $20 set of Sonys to hold me over till I figure out what I want.

Thanks,
Tim

Nov 5, 2011 at 5:58 PM Post #2 of 3
JVC FXC51 are very detailed yet fun to listen(warm) and has punchy bass reponse with wide soundstage and price is cheap.

Nov 5, 2011 at 11:55 PM Post #3 of 3
I got a pair of $20 Altec Lansing MZX106 buds.  I'm still looking for something better but these will do for now.

Anyone have experience with them?  Do they develop more bass after break in?

Tim

Users who are viewing this thread

Back