Time to choose...
Oct 29, 2005 at 10:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Peoples

New Head-Fier
Yes, I have been looking for a better soundcard to accompany my Audigy 2(I will keep this for games, even though I do not play that much anymore). I have done some research here and there. I have Sennheiser 595 and a amp for them at use. These cards are mentioned time after time:
ESI Juli@
M-Audio Audiophile 192
E-MU 0404

Things I need:
+ good drivers
+ soundquality
+ proper connections(mainly good inputs and outputs, but they all seem to have those)
+ _proper_ ASIO(v2) -support (all support ASIO 2.0, but how well?)
-/+ price, Audiophile is the price king here, going for 180euros, ESI for around 150e and E-MU 124euros.

Some say that ESI is better than EMU, others say it's otherway around. Some claim that M-Audio is the best. I am getting a bit confused here
confused.gif
Some say they are par. Best thing I have came up with, is to but them in order by price. And I think M-Audio is out of this because of the highest price. But feel free to contribute. I have read many topics on this, but all tend to recommend the cards they have, even though they haven't really made proper comparisons between other cars.

Oct 30, 2005 at 4:47 PM Post #2 of 5
I find the EMU 0404 quite compelling, it has a decent software bundle, but the drivers are what they are. And I do not know how well it will work with Audigy 2. On the other hand it will be 10.11 until I can order ESI Juli@ from thomann.de. So I would have 0404 in my hands sooner... Tough call, feel free to suggest other cards, especially if they have bundled Steinberg Cubase SE 3.0 or Ableton Live 5.0. Please, give some thought on this topic.

Nov 1, 2005 at 10:13 AM Post #3 of 5
i've had the juli for over a month and its a great card. rca's to my amp with beyer dt990's. drivers are 170kb and work with all my games. music sounds superb. no regrets.

Nov 1, 2005 at 6:43 PM Post #4 of 5
I feel sure the ESI Juli@ and Audiophile 192 will sound pretty similar, and both have good drivers. I'd probably get the Juli@ in your position (no breakout cables), but that's because I heard the 0404 and didn't like it.

Nov 4, 2005 at 3:50 PM Post #5 of 5
I bought E-MU 0404, but I couldn't get it working. Only cards I had installed were my graphicscard and E-MU 0404(I had unistalled & removed everything else). So I must say I am a bit disappointed with E-MU. I am returning the card on monday, and I just ordered ESI Juli@, hope it works like it should. I am building a new amp for my headphones too, PIMETA
cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back