Time is running out, broken Grado 325 (not i) worth what?
Sep 13, 2007 at 1:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Muftobration

100+ Head-Fier
I've been thinking about introducing myself to Grado for a while now. On eBay there is a used 325 with no ear pads and a broken earcup holder (he calls it a yoke).

http://cgi.ebay.com/Grado-325-headph...QQcmdZViewItem

I have the resources on my campus to either repair that yoke or create a new one, and I wouldn't mind finding a pair of pads to buy. I was just wondering if this is something that I should jump on, or if it's already not worth the price. Ignoring all aesthetic problems, what would this pair be worth? Should I let it go and pick up a pair of SR60s instead later? I am aware of the sound characteristics of the SR325 and would probably use it to get to know Grado phones more than as a permanent solution.

Sep 13, 2007 at 1:48 AM Post #2 of 11
At that price it would kill you to pay that. You can barely get a pair of SR-80s for that. It would be easy enough to fix. I don't know how the sound of those are.

Sep 13, 2007 at 2:01 AM Post #4 of 11
The original model of 325 was painted black, then they made the silver ones, but didn't change the internals. The gold ones are the 325i and they changed the internals with that revision.

What would you recommend for a maximum bid on these?

Sep 13, 2007 at 2:40 AM Post #8 of 11
Yeah, I set mine to 120.00 and then I got outbid to 122.27, so I went to 130.00 and got outbid to the winning bid. It sucked. Oh well, maybe another deal like that will come up. Actually, no, one probably wont.
frown.gif

Sep 13, 2007 at 2:57 AM Post #9 of 11
I was watching that auction (didn't bid though). While the final price wasn't a surprise to me, that final frenzy of bids did. Oh well, perhaps you're better off starting with a Grado that isn't quite so.... controversial
wink.gif
. That $130 you were ready to pay can probably get you one of the much beloved SR-225s from the sale/trade forum here. Yeah, its plastic casing isn't as cool as the 325's aluminum, but the SR-225 is highly regarded as a sweet spot in the Grado lineup. On top of that, you won't have to worry about obtaining pads and fixing up a head band. Just put it on and see what the Grado sound is all about
biggrin.gif

Sep 13, 2007 at 10:36 AM Post #11 of 11
they look like the rarer pre-silver-aluminiun SR325 that I was looking for a while back, at the price of thefinal bid, I wouldn't mind paying for it as long as the drivers are working, then getting parts from cheaper grado to fix it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back