Time for Upgrade...
Oct 2, 2008 at 2:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

knights

500+ Head-Fier
hmmmm, my wallet is ready now... im happy with my main FS-can now which is the eh-350 but still lookin for a good upgrade IEM... im considrn ex-700 and se-420... please dont answer me that one is better because it got 2 armature-drivers or the other is better because it has big dynamic driver and etc.... i just want opinions and feedback about its SQfrom those who have used both.... and please dont mention se-530 (i tried one-too dark for me), sa6, jays, tf10, or any klipsh here....

aside from those in my profile, IEM that i auditioned are se-530, se-310, er4p, q-jay, er6i, she-9850...

can you give some brief comparison between se-420/ex700 to those iem i mention above (if you have used it)....

Oct 2, 2008 at 2:44 AM Post #2 of 5
i also considered SE420 before getting UM2 and asked personally via PM to those using it. some like it but some dont. sound too neutral, dry, flat, etc but for those prefer it, they considered it as most balanced Shure IEM. so if u prefer Shure sound, can consider it.

how bout SF5, SF5pro, UM2, X10? custom IEM?

btw, u didnt mentioned your budget.

sorry if didnt answer your questions

Oct 2, 2008 at 2:52 AM Post #3 of 5
budget isnt an issue... its just that se420 and ex700 is the fastest i can get (they are availble here locally @ malls)...

Oct 2, 2008 at 4:51 AM Post #4 of 5
then head to the mall and test them. if u like the sound the first moment u heard them, that will be your pick. choosing earphone is subjective.

ear, brain, mp3 player and earphone are different.

bring your player and test both earphone will be the best option. i only can wish my local stores carries those IEM. all they got are usd1 or 2 earbud...

Oct 2, 2008 at 12:42 PM Post #5 of 5
thats the problem, i cant auditioned them and thats why im asking....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back