Time for new on-ear headphones!
Dec 11, 2013 at 1:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

zMarkon

New Head-Fier
So you may have seen my thread 'Out of the loop' here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/690060/been-out-of-the-loop-need-t-peos-h100-replacement

So I wasn't able to find anywhere around me to fix my H-100's and I am still pretty much out of the loop!

I've decided to mix it up a little and go for some on-ear headphones. I know last time I was active/looking for new headphones/earphones I was looking at V-Moda M80's and HD-25's

So if some head-fiers could help me out and make some suggestions as to what are the best for my genre. I listen to EDM mainly Trance and Vocal Trance some examples of artists/DJ's - Above and Beyond, Mark Sixma, Orjan Nilsen, Omnia, AvB, Gaia, Andrew Rayel, Roger Shah and I could go on! That is about it, I am big into trance music so anyone with the knowledge I would appreciate you're suggestions! 

Thanks 

Dec 12, 2013 at 4:03 AM Post #3 of 5
I own both m80 and hd25-1-ii and imo, any of these two will fit your taste. hd25-1-ii has superb isolation while m80's is alright( due to vents ).  The hd25-1-ii is fairly neutral aside from its slight treble energy.  The m80 on the other hand is fairly smooth, with bass impact that might rattle your brains out a little bit.

Dec 13, 2013 at 7:09 PM Post #5 of 5
Well its easy. Just add another criteria like aesthetic appeal, design or build quality. In terms of aesthetic, m80 wins hands down. Design I would give it to hd25 because I can just throw it in my bookbag. But don't get me wrong, m80 and hd25 are equal in terms of build quality but since the matte finish on the metal can be scratched easily(don't know if the same about the others), I find myself babying the m80 more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back