Time for another Detroit meet??
Nov 20, 2005 at 4:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

elrod-tom

Moderator - Prefers "stereo weirdo" to "audiophile"
Hi all,

I'm posting today to gauge the interest in getting together for another Detroit meet sometime after the first of the year. There's a lot of new and very interesting gear floating around out there, and frankly I'm getting the itch to check some of it out.

I'm generally pretty busy this time of year, but I can do something after January 1 without too much trouble. I'm thinking that a lot of folks are going to be busy with the holidays too, so the timing after the new year is looking good for a lot of reasons.

The barriers WRT my organizing a meet mostly revolve around the site. The last meet held at my house was in the summer, and if anywhere near the number of folks that showed up for that show up in January or February, well, let's just say it's a bit on the tight side. So if anyone has access to a decent sized space for 12-20 folks (e.g. an apartment clubhouse, accessable office space, etc...), that would help a lot.

If we can get enough folks to commit to being there, we could also consider renting a hall and passing the hat at the front door.

Nov 25, 2005 at 5:08 PM Post #2 of 20
I'm game! I can bring a PPX and a pair of HF-1 phones.

Nov 28, 2005 at 8:21 PM Post #3 of 20
I'd be willing to go. It's a heck of a long drive for me, but worth it. I don't get to listen to much high end audio equipment where I live.

Dec 30, 2005 at 3:12 AM Post #4 of 20
I'd be interested aswell. I will have heavily modded Grado SR-125s, a tricked out dynalo, my portable PIMETA, and hopefully the aforementioned source.

I am no longer a student, but I can look into finding a site on campus at U of M Ann Arbor.

Dec 30, 2005 at 7:14 AM Post #5 of 20
I've trimmed down my can selection a little (just the HD580 and a pair of E2C). But I'm planning on making a set of cans using KSC75 drivers when they come in, so hopefully sometime mid/late january or later would be great. I'd love to get some more time hanging out with everyone.

Dec 30, 2005 at 1:23 PM Post #6 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Mac
I've trimmed down my can selection a little (just the HD580 and a pair of E2C). But I'm planning on making a set of cans using KSC75 drivers when they come in, so hopefully sometime mid/late january or later would be great. I'd love to get some more time hanging out with everyone.

Hell yeah, man! Don't tell me you've ditched the grados!! Say it ain't so!
confused.gif

Dec 31, 2005 at 8:55 AM Post #8 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Porksoda
Hell yeah, man! Don't tell me you've ditched the grados!! Say it ain't so!
confused.gif

Gave my 225's to a friend for christmas. Wasn't using them enough at home, and didn't like using them portably (didn't want to destroy them). I used my 580's more for home listening, and so the grados went to a new home.

Jan 9, 2006 at 3:44 AM Post #9 of 20
If this meeting can be at Ann Arbor, I probably would be able to join, with HD650, Prehead MK1, and probably STAX SRS-3030.

Jan 9, 2006 at 2:36 PM Post #10 of 20
Well, looks like I will be making my way to Albany, NY soon, so I suppose I should officially consider myself "out" for this meet. Don't suppose there's any good meets going on in that area?

Jan 10, 2006 at 2:07 AM Post #11 of 20
If this is still a possibility, I would most likely be able to go. I'm sure I could easily get my dad to come too, I got him BACK into hi-fi stuff with this site. Count us in if you're still willing to do it Tom. I'll have K701's and hopefully the Larocco Pocket Reference II.

Jan 10, 2006 at 2:09 AM Post #12 of 20
I'd still very much like to get something in the works. I'll be pretty slammed at work for about another two weeks, but after that I should be able to get something rolling.

Gordon, that's VERY cool that you got you dad back into audio.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 10, 2006 at 3:25 AM Post #14 of 20
As probably the newest member of Team Ohio, I feel obligated to rally the troops for a roadtrip. Just make sure it's not President's Day weekend, basically any other time works for me personally.

Jan 10, 2006 at 4:28 AM Post #15 of 20
it seems I'm in PA more weekends than in MI lately so I can't promise anything, but if I'm around I'll be there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back