Time for an upgrade...where to go from here?
Jan 14, 2009 at 5:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

mookowz13

100+ Head-Fier
Hey guys,

I love the sound signature of my super.fi 3's but the cable is starting to detach from the drivers too easily and rather than purchase a new UE cable (with the accursed straight jack) I figure this is a good excuse as any to upgrade.

Basically I listen to a variety of things (The Police, John Mayer, Jurassic 5, Stars/other indie bands, Dave Matthews, Seal) and I love the fun sound signature of my super.fi 3's. However, I would definitely appreciate the 3 following 4 things in terms of an upgrade:

1. A little more bass, not tons, but more would be nice
2. A better fit, even flip flopped it can be annoying sometimes
3. Maybe a wider soundstage but thats not too important, I think the 3's have a decent soundstage for IEMs.
4. Similar clarity.

My budget right now is about $200 CAD (roughly $164 USD)

I'm strongly considering the Super.fi 5s as the next logical upgrade but I do know that their sound signature is different form the 3s, I'm just wondering how different it is or if theres a more comfortable fitting alternative.

Also, I have a weird requirement in that it NEEDS to have an L plug instead of a standard straight plug. The X5 has the jack entry on the side and its prone to breakage with a straight plug.

You guys have never steered me wrong so thanks in advance!

Jan 14, 2009 at 4:01 PM Post #2 of 4
before-school bump.

Jul 2, 2009 at 7:24 PM Post #4 of 4
get the senn ie7, the best price/performance ratio

Users who are viewing this thread

Back