time for a new set of buds.. recommendations welcome
Feb 1, 2015 at 4:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

b-rad

New Head-Fier
hello all, been a while since i checked in here. i used to follow the forums pretty regularly and then life started demanding my time be spent elsewhere. 
i'm in the market for a new pair of earphones and i'd like a few suggestions. 
history: my first pair of quality headphones were the fischer audio eterna rev. 2 which i loved until they became my mother's dog's snack.
2nd and 3rd pair of earphones were the hippo vb's. i wore them with the 2-dot caps and loved the sound. first pair started cracking on one side after a few years and i still wasnt over them, so i purchased another pair. those turned out to be defective and jaben sent me another pair for free.. i've been using them for approx. 2 years or so and they just started fuzzing out also.. so i'm bud-less for the time being. 

i mostly listen to music around the house and under a helmet while commuting on my motorcycle. i use the comply foam tips because i like the fit and comfort.
i've been doing a bit of research lately and for some reason i'm fascinated with the dunu dn-1000 but i'm not sure if it's exactly the style headphone i'm looking for. i tend to like the "v-shaped" sound with clear highs and lows, but not too harsh or "beats" ish. i dont want so much bass that the sound is muddy or unclear because of it. and i dont want it to drown out the highs. mids, i just want to be present, and clear.
i liked the quantity and quality of the bass in the VB very much. last time i was in the market for a pair of phones there was a brainwavz model that was supposed to be really good but i've long since forgotten which.
so my dilemma is this: i want a decent pair of earphones, but i'm not really sold on spending $200 on a pair just yet. if i so spend that much, they need to be durable and they need to wow me with a $200 sound. 

so.. please feel free to throw some ideas out there. last few purchases i've made were the current "budget buy" and i was really happy with them
thanks for your time
brad

Users who are viewing this thread

Back