Time For A New MP3 Player Advice Needed
Jun 17, 2006 at 7:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

drpje

New Head-Fier
I currently own the Sony VAIO Pocket 40GB player. My computer is a VAIO A290 laptop and I am using iTunes, Sonic Stage, and Winamp. I really like the sound of my VAIO Pocket with my Sennheiser PX- 200 headphones. ( I will also purchase the PX-100's) I have ripped my CD collection using the ATRAC advanced lossless 352kbps on the Sonic Stage 4.0 software. I mainly listed to jazz from my CD collection or files I download from Bit Torrent. My concerns with the VAIO Pocket are the following: My player is 1.5 years old and has been discontinued, in the future the battery will need to replaced and if available will be expensive, I do not like the trackpad on the player. It is very difficult to search for songs, there are almost no accessories available. I plan to purchase a new car stereo head unit to replace the CD changer and have all my music available instead of loading CD's
I also own the Apple Airport Express which I can use to stream my music from my laptop to my home stereo. Based on my needs what will be my best option for a new player for audio only. The car stereo head unit I was considering is the Alpine CDA 9856. There is available an iPod adaptor. The reviews on the Alpine are very positive and the integration with the iPod is supposed to be one of the best. I was considering the iPod or Creative Vision M players. Are there any others to consider. It will be important to be compatable with a new car stereo head unit, Airport Express or other means to stream the audio from my computer to my home stereo. A Squeezbox 3 would be an option but will be an extra expense. Since all my CD's are ripped to the ATRAC lossless will I have to re rip them. Thanks in advance

Users who are viewing this thread

Back