"Timbre": a nice surprise
Apr 11, 2010 at 8:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

kurtzi

100+ Head-Fier
Some days ago my cx150 have broken after being stuck on a chair (left ear not working). So I went to the store to buy another pair, as they are a trusted everyday beater. I came home with a pair of new cx150 and a pair of iFrogz Timbre, the price was too attractive on the Timbre for not trying them (19,90). Usually I laugh when I see iFrogz/Earpollution headphones in the stores. I think they always look like kid's headphones, with that toyish style. And I know that they are not very popular here. But these wooden Timbre are a big surprise to me.

It's not easy to achieve immediately a good fit and I had to play around a bit with them to understand how to properly insert. The build quality is nothing to write about: the earbuds themselves are nicely built, but cables and the jack have a "cheap" feeling. What really surprised me was the sound quality. I expected bloated bass, recessed mids and the usual (for this class of IEMs) harsh and dirty trebles.
These little things have a deep kicking tight bass, the mids are forward and really detailed and the trebles are clean and spark nicely without being harsh. I'll take some days to get used to the sound and maybe update this thread with some new impressions, but for now i'm really happy with these, considering the price.

Just a little question: i've read somewhere that these could be rebranded Mingo WM2. Is this statement true? Aestehically they look slightly different (the wood chamber) and the specs are just slightly different too, but overall they look quite similar.

Cheers
K.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back