Tile cutter
Jul 6, 2009 at 7:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

iriverdude

Banned
Any recommendation for tile cutters? I also need bench model preferbly electric with a lever so I can have control, something like a cut off saw? I know you can use a angle grinder, but I need to cut away a L shaped area from a tile, wouldn't using a angle grinder give a wonky edge?

Jul 12, 2009 at 3:48 PM Post #3 of 6
For tile, I've always used water saws for everything except for some very rare cuts.

Something like this... I haven't owned one, but usually big home improvement stores rent ones like this:

DEWALT at Lowe's: 10" Wet Tile Saw

Jul 12, 2009 at 4:04 PM Post #5 of 6
I rented a tile saw for a day at Home Depot the last time I did tile work. I have also used a round diamond blade on a hack saw for the occasional weird shape - but I was just cutting 4" ceramic tile, so it was very easy going. I don't know what I would do if I had to make a lot of odd shapes is something bigger and tougher.

Jul 12, 2009 at 7:23 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by iriverdude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bit much, it's just for some DIY work not all day use on a site.

It's really the best way to do it. If you've got a local Home Depot or Lowe's or the equivalent (I don't even know if you're in the US!), see if they can rent one out to you. You can get much smaller ones, too...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back