Tighter fit full size cans
Nov 19, 2021 at 1:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Mhog55

Headphoneus Supremus
What are some of the more clampy headphones you're familiar with? I might be an oddball, but I prefer some tighter clamp, such as the Sennheiser 600 series. I have a tendency to rock out pretty hard at times, and I can't do a loose fit that wants to slide and wiggle, or potentially fall off.

Jan 7, 2022 at 2:00 PM Post #2 of 3
What are some of the more clampy headphones you're familiar with? I might be an oddball, but I prefer some tighter clamp, such as the Sennheiser 600 series. I have a tendency to rock out pretty hard at times, and I can't do a loose fit that wants to slide and wiggle, or potentially fall off.
The tightest fit I've had experience with are the Direct Sound EXTW37 Pro with the stock headband. To improve the seal, I twisted the plastic yoke (the prongs holding the ear-cups), and this results in the most isolating pair of headphones I own.

If Telefunken THP-29 use the same driver as the EXTW37 Pro, then it's the best recommendation I can give to you currently.

Direct Sound is a fairly unknown company, but they are behind the THP-29, which is a very common headphone in the drummer community.

Category-Header-Headphones-Webstore-585x190.jpg

Regardless, make sure that it is the exact same headband as pictured above. Other variants are not as tight as this one (it's recognizable by the plastic top, and thin padding on the bottom).

Sivga Phoenix also has a tight clamp, but the ear-pads are very small and shallow, making it a hit or miss in terms of comfort.

I hope I was at least of the slightest help.

Jan 7, 2022 at 3:08 PM Post #3 of 3
Those are a tad bit ugly haha. I think I'm going to purchase the 58X again. Probably shouldn't have sold it. I have finally completed my home gym. Being that the 58X isn't all that expensive, I won't worry too much if they get a little banged up. I've considered the Sivga a few times, but reviews are so hit and miss, I'm not sure what to make of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back