tightening the grado grip
Dec 25, 2004 at 10:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

X14Halo

Head-Fier
I have a Grado SR225, and was wondering if there is a way to tighten the grip on the headphones. I stretched them out a little already...just maybe a tad too far. They arn't falling off my head too much...it just feels as if they should be a little tiny bit tighter, thats all. Thanks

Dec 25, 2004 at 11:18 PM Post #2 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by X14Halo
I have a Grado SR225, and was wondering if there is a way to tighten the grip on the headphones. I stretched them out a little already...just maybe a tad too far. They arn't falling off my head too much...it just feels as if they should be a little tiny bit tighter, thats all. Thanks

Har Har Har, pushing the cups together for a little bit worked for me when one of my friends stretched them out in excess...

But that is merely my experience.

Too loose is better than too tight, in my opinion.

Dec 26, 2004 at 3:03 AM Post #3 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by X14Halo

You are the first person I have ever heard of wanting to tighten the grip. Most Grado owners complain about the grip. How are you finding the 225's BTW?

Dec 26, 2004 at 7:10 AM Post #4 of 6
they are pretty nice.... i just ordered the flat pads too. I turn on the bass boost that come with my soundcard and its amazing. My only big complaint is the comfort. I seriously cannot wear them for more than 3-4 hours or so b/c it hurts so damn bad....mainly just my left ear for some reason. It feels like sandpaper grinding against my ear. I didnt really think there was too much difference between these and any others cheap headphones, but then i tried to go back to the cheap ones, and omg... the difference is amazing. I now have a new standard.
eggosmile.gif

Dec 26, 2004 at 8:16 AM Post #6 of 6
Or he'll pick up a nice comfy pair of Senns to go with his Grados.
600smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back