TIDAL reference playlist
Aug 1, 2016 at 11:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

thecrow

Headphoneus Supremus
I thought of a new thread and I hope there isn't already one like this

I'm sure most of us have our favourite tracks when it comes to demoing audio products and trying to choose the item that would best suit us. Tracks that highlight vocals or bass, or guitar or test for sibilance etc....

The idea of this thread is to post a link to a tidal playlist reflecting these choices that you have made.

I just ask that we keep these lists limited to a maximum of 20 of your preferred tunes.

Here's 20 of my usual "go-to's", in no particular order:

tidal.com/playlist/e5a0c4be-962e-41e5-a9e8-de70fa695d6b

I hope there's something interesting there for you.

Let's try to keep it to songs that serve a demo purpose rather than just favourite tracks for listening.

I'm looking forward to others' and in the process discovering new music perhaps and great samples for my future use.

Cheers
Peter T

Nov 12, 2018 at 12:27 AM Post #2 of 4
Just stumbled across your thread... nice playlist. Thought I'd share my most recent Tidal Demo Music playlist. It's a bit eclectic and constantly in flux, but hopefully you'll find a few tracks of interest.
Sorry about exceeding your 20 track limit. :frowning2:

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2018 at 12:20 AM Post #3 of 4
Just stumbled across your thread... nice playlist. Thought I'd share my most recent Tidal Demo Music playlist. It's a bit eclectic and constantly in flux, but hopefully you'll find a few tracks of interest.
Sorry about exceeding your 20 track limit. :frowning2:

Just wanted to mention--I stumbled across your Demo Music playlist and added it to my Tidal favorites--some of the artists I'm familiar with, the Metheny Secret Story cut comes to mind but a lot I had never heard before. Anyway, this evening I was checking out my newly purchased HD-6XX's and was really enjoying everything I heard. In fact, I would say that of all the pre-made playlists that Tidal has offered up, your playlist was by far the most eclectic, varied and enjoyable. Especially the Beck and Yosi Horikawa. Heart Is A Drum--the production on this cut is so immersive.

Thanks again for this compilation and I'll really be looking forward to further listening!

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2018 at 1:45 AM Post #4 of 4
Just wanted to mention--I stumbled across your Demo Music playlist and added it to my Tidal favorites--some of the artists I'm familiar with, the Metheny Secret Story cut comes to mind but a lot I had never heard before. Anyway, this evening I was checking out my newly purchased HD-6XX's and was really enjoying everything I heard. In fact, I would say that of all the pre-made playlists that Tidal has offered up, your playlist was by far the most eclectic, varied and enjoyable. Especially the Beck and Yosi Horikawa. Heart Is A Drum--the production on this cut is so immersive.

Thanks again for this compilation and I'll really be looking forward to further listening!

Glad you found the thread and I'm even more pleased you enjoyed some of the music! If you have a demo playlist of your own, I'd love to hear it. So post a link when you get a chance. Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back