Tidal ... I like you
Mar 6, 2024 at 3:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

drummerman1

100+ Head-Fier
TIDAL
On your first billing date on or after April 10, 2024, you’ll now pay just £10.99/month for all the same features you currently use on a TIDAL Individual plan.​
This is because we’re making it easier for everyone to enjoy best-in-class sound quality by combining our HiFi and HiFi Plus tiers into a single subscription tier called TIDAL.​
You will see these changes reflected on your Subscription page at account.tidal.com on your first billing date on or after April 10, 2024. Thanks for choosing to be a TIDAL subscriber.​

Mar 7, 2024 at 2:58 AM Post #2 of 11
Surprised no one picked up on this. This almost halfs the monthly subscription for the higher tier TidalPlus subscription, making this one of the best value streaming options. Enjoy.

Mar 7, 2024 at 10:14 AM Post #4 of 11
After the MQA fiasco, I'm not interested in sending my money to Tidal. I suspect I'm not alone in that position.
I also subscribe to Qobuz HiRes but overall prefer Tidal.

Mar 7, 2024 at 6:05 PM Post #5 of 11
After the MQA fiasco, I'm not interested in sending my money to Tidal. I suspect I'm not alone in that position.
I have been using Tidal (at $20 a month) for several years, and have enjoyed curating my playlists, with the help of of their suggestions. Their service has been getting better each year, and their customer support responded very quickly when needed. I was happy to see that they are dropping MQA for hi-res FLAC files. There seems to be some issues with Android players not talking to MQA DACs, but who cares.

I support their move to be price competitive. On the other hand I also hope that they will not have to reduce the compensation to the artists that create the music for us.

Last edited:
Mar 7, 2024 at 6:45 PM Post #6 of 11
Interesting. I guess there's no reason to include the MQA tax anymore...

This, combined with the decision to drop MQA, is genuinely making me consider switching to Tidal from Qobuz (mainly due to the larger catalog), but only when their new hi-res FLAC tier is fully compatible with Roon.

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2024 at 1:46 AM Post #9 of 11
Well that definitely was the step of Tidal to get above the other high res services in terms of price/performance,
tho i dont like tidal sound that much (it kinda sounds bright with less bass compared to deezer or qobuz) and with Linux and browser app i was not able to play high res, just cd quality...

Qobuz for high res (but limited catalog...)
or Deezer for Flac (and better catalog/interface/recommendations than qobuz)

the others? well no competition really unless you strife for a even larger catalog

apple music... well if you dont have apple devices its kinda crappy, sound was fine tho
amazon hd... no comparison in terms of sound quality with the browser app, and i avoid ecosystems such as amazon and apples

Apr 3, 2024 at 11:52 AM Post #10 of 11
Well, my Tidal Hifi Plus subscription renews tomorrow still at the old £19.99 price. The new, lower cost combined tier starts on the 10th April. I have downgraded my subscription today and will upgrade (or get the benefit) of the lower cost one in a few days.

I would do the same if yours renews between now and the 10th.

I know its only a few quid and you can call me tight :relaxed: . You loose a few days of Hi-Res but still get lossless.

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2024 at 5:09 PM Post #11 of 11

TIDAL

On your first billing date on or after April 10, 2024, you’ll now pay just £10.99/month for all the same features you currently use on a TIDAL Individual plan.​
This is because we’re making it easier for everyone to enjoy best-in-class sound quality by combining our HiFi and HiFi Plus tiers into a single subscription tier called TIDAL.​
You will see these changes reflected on your Subscription page at account.tidal.com on your first billing date on or after April 10, 2024. Thanks for choosing to be a TIDAL subscriber.​

Thank you for reminding me I just got a free upgrade to MAX. Was never gonna pay for the MQA so this was a nice QOL upgrade without much of a price bump

Users who are viewing this thread

Back