Tidal EQ?
Aug 21, 2017 at 6:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Midorie

New Head-Fier
I have owned Tidal for about over 2 years now, and there is still no sign of EQ being put in. On the FAQ of their website just still says the same thing, "we are working on EQ for tidal" I can't imagine it takes this long to create. Seems Spotify do much better on programming and software side of things. And no, Im not going to pay $40 a month to use roon or jriver for a simple EQ function.

Aug 30, 2023 at 7:18 PM Post #6 of 8
I installed HiBy Music on my Android DAP. It has a bridge to my Tidal account, so I could try their EQ functionality on my Tidal stream.

99% of the time I do not use EQ.

My belief is that listeners of all ages have different hearing responses (especially older folks, and those of us who abused our ears over the years). I have learned that I can buy headphones and earphones that suit my hearing needs, so that I do not have to resort to EQ.

Sep 7, 2023 at 4:25 PM Post #7 of 8
imo on a pc setup the only way to go is for a systemwide EQ
personally i wanna make an eq that sounds good with everything but tailored to your taste (slight bass boost and descending highs for me)

Linux definitely does better in this regard, you have pipewire for bitperfect sound and some options like carla or easyeffects for plugins
on windows your only option is equalizerapo i thnk and the windows routing isnt bitperfect because of resampling which can be avoided on linux (you also have better resamplers if you wanna go that route)

Sep 8, 2023 at 12:11 AM Post #8 of 8
I use Boom 3D on my Mac, but I don't use just one curve. YouTube videos are all over the place and I EQ to suit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back