Tidal connection?
Aug 29, 2017 at 8:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

Protek67

Head-Fier
Just curious what the state of Tidal is these day's, I started it up after at least a year and am rather disappointed at how often the music cut's out. I know it's not my internet package because I have 100m+ down. It's either the tidal servers or my ISP is throttling them (queue bull crap regulations in the works)

I was going to just put $20 a month into a CD collection, but got my all tube amp in the mail today and I'm listening to entirely new content, not sure if I could get that from a personal collection.

Aug 29, 2017 at 8:22 PM Post #2 of 15
I have very few cutouts and have only noticed any in the past two weeks before that never had one unless my isp went out. Have been listening for about and hour and the first song had a slight blip but nothing after that. It is so nice to hear new stuff and older stuff I never heard before that I'll keep paying just love it.

Aug 29, 2017 at 10:42 PM Post #3 of 15
These cut outs make me think hard about the net neutrality situation at hand. Imagine that your streaming service wasn't allowed free access because it's not main stream. I'm all ready pro net neutrality but this is the first time I felt the pseudo affect's of it.

Sep 17, 2017 at 9:05 PM Post #6 of 15
These cut outs make me think hard about the net neutrality situation at hand. Imagine that your streaming service wasn't allowed free access because it's not main stream. I'm all ready pro net neutrality but this is the first time I felt the pseudo affect's of it.
Then I think you need to rethink your net neutrality. I pay good money for a good connection so you think I should have my connection cut?

Sep 20, 2017 at 10:53 PM Post #8 of 15
I have a very fast connection and in recent days have had numerous freezes where you see the spinning and eventually it begins to play again or I have to go to a different song or album...very frustrating but in general I love it.....incredible to be able to access most any album in FLAC.....hopefully the issues are solved

Nov 8, 2017 at 2:12 AM Post #9 of 15
I've been using the desktop app until now and have always had problems cropping up with it. After the app simply wouldn't load at all just now, I tried the web app on a whim and...WOW! So much faster and more responsive. No exclusive mode but I'll pay that price for consistent functionality and speed, which is what I'm seeing so far. Kinda bonking myself on the head for not trying this before but better late than never I always say.

Nov 8, 2017 at 4:01 PM Post #10 of 15
since I started using tidal through roon I have have it appears solved the problems of freezing and drop outs through the tidal program itself...also faster navigation

Nov 30, 2017 at 4:21 PM Post #11 of 15
Hi. Does anyone know how tidal hifi works with an iPhone 7? Like will my phone downsample? I’m using my iPhone 7 Plus with a cypher labs theorom dac amp. I’m currently with Spotify premium and would like to go to tidal if will play the higher files. It’s like twice as much as Spotify premium so if it won’t make a difference I won’t bother. Thank you !

Nov 30, 2017 at 6:06 PM Post #12 of 15
Don’t know about the 7 but works fine on my 6S Plus and a Chord Mojo. As long as you have it set for HiFi it will play it that way.

Nov 30, 2017 at 6:15 PM Post #13 of 15
Don’t know about the 7 but works fine on my 6S Plus and a Chord Mojo. As long as you have it set for HiFi it will play it that way.
Really huh. Hmmm I’m planing on actually getting the mojo In a couple weeks. So when I do maybe I’ll try it for a month and see. Im just worried that even though the mojo will play higher bit rate files that the iPhone will downsample them. I’ve heard that iPhones do that. I’m not to sure on that though. So it would be pointless really. But I’ll guve it a try and see. Thank you for the help.

Nov 30, 2017 at 7:34 PM Post #14 of 15
I’m not totally for sure but I don’t think the iPhone has much to do with it as the iPhone 7 doesn’t have a dac in it so not sure how it would have any control of that.

Nov 30, 2017 at 11:36 PM Post #15 of 15
I’m not totally for sure but I don’t think the iPhone has much to do with it as the iPhone 7 doesn’t have a dac in it so not sure how it would have any control of that.
Excellent. Ok great thank you. I’m not sure either. I can’t remember where I read that about the iPhone downsampling but i remember reading it. If it’s true or not not sure. Going to give it a try for a month and see.thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back