ti pcm1792a vs ES9023
Jul 6, 2016 at 4:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Defenz0r

New Head-Fier
Hi,

i was wondering 
having a ODAC REV A http://www.yoyodyneconsulting.ca/pages/ODAC.html
What if  i would use an ASUS ESSENCE STX II as DAC, and use the Line in of the ODAC, so that the O2ODAC is only work as pure amp, if the Sound Quality would be increased or not.

Its basically ti pcm1792a(ASUS) vs ES9023(ODAC)

Im just curious :)

Jul 7, 2016 at 1:34 AM Post #2 of 9
Assuming you do not already own the Asus Essence STX II and your audio setup is mostly for music.
I do not think it's the wisest choice in buying the Essence STX II, just to use it as a DAC for the headphone amplifier that is built into the ODAC/O2
Also an external DAC (ODAC) will not be effected by any electrical noise that might be generated inside the computer case.

Jul 7, 2016 at 5:16 AM Post #4 of 9
  Thanks! 
No i do not own the ASUS ESSENCE STX II. Just was curious :)

Can your ODAC/O2 also be used as just a DAC?
Does it have a line-output?

Jul 7, 2016 at 5:21 AM Post #5 of 9
It has a Line IN. You could simply drive the Line Out from an Soundcard to your Line IN and only having a Headphone connected without usb is connected you will have Sound :)

Just a DAC? Then you need to have RCA Jacks on the backside (custom)

Jul 7, 2016 at 5:25 AM Post #6 of 9
Is the ODAC Rev A still in production? If you want the ES 9023 you can get HiFiMe Sabre DAC for relativly cheap. 
Also  it seems you got a few things mixed up. The ODAC is a DAC which is connected to your PC via USB. It has no line in, just line out. Maybe what you actually had in mind is the Objective 2 amplifier. That one of course has a line in, eg for the line out of the ODAC or any other DAC or source.

Jul 7, 2016 at 5:29 AM Post #7 of 9
I do own the O2 ODAC Revision A. Its an DAC with an integrated Headphone amplifier.
Revision A is out of production. It has indeed a Line In, so you can use an external source.

Edit: Yes i own the ES 9023. Its inside the O2 ODAC...
Since Revision A doesnt support ASIO, i thought using an ASUS essence stx II for having ASIO.
My Idea: Xonar Essence STX II -> O2 ODAC Line in

Theres also an Audio question, will it sound different / better from the ES 9023?

The big Question was if it would be considered as a Upgrade.
Since i use DirectSound instead of ASIO. And no, wont use WASAPI.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back