Thunderstorm (binaural) over headphones
Sep 27, 2002 at 3:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

M Rael

500+ Head-Fier
In the very near future I'm going to see if I can offer a sound sample I recorded yesterday for download. I recorded a small thunderstorm using binaural mics, and it includes some very nice wind and rain effects too. The limiting factor in realism were the microphones themselves.. they distorted on the peaks (of the thunderclaps), and the distortion instantly reduces the 'being there' quality; part of really being in a thunderstorm is sensing the power behind thunder. There is no AVLS in nature.

I'll fool around with this today and see what I can come up with. Its pretty impressive. And fun! I actually already had a nature sound CD with a thunderstorm on it but its crap compared to the binaural recording I made yesterday. No comparison.

Sep 27, 2002 at 4:32 PM Post #3 of 5
Quote:

Originally posted by tanfenton
Please do! I, too, would post some of my binaural recordings if there were any interest. (Is there any?)

NGF

Hey are you recording using MD? Send me a pm if you are. Are you able to transfer files from your MD to your computer? My Sony wont let me do that and I still have time to take it back if I cant work around that problem. I'd be interested to know what kinds of things you have on disc.

Sep 27, 2002 at 5:36 PM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally posted by tanfenton
Please do! I, too, would post some of my binaural recordings if there were any interest. (Is there any?)

NGF

Yes - I haven't looked very hard for this sort of thing but what I've found sounds pretty cool. I'm interested in what you've recorded as well as links to other stuff that is available.

Here's the 'obvious' link I've found: http://www.binaural.com/index.html

Sep 28, 2002 at 7:46 AM Post #5 of 5
What a interesting world guys !! I'm in !!

And I have a question:

I did read this:
"The binaural experience is striking, and requires no special equipment besides stereo headphones and binaural recordings."

And Ety has an ER-4B (BINAURAL) earphone.

What would be the difference between ER-4S and 4B??

Best

Ari

Check This

Not a sugestion...Just check this too

Users who are viewing this thread

Back