Thunderpants quieter?
Nov 10, 2012 at 5:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Jome

New Head-Fier
I just bought myself a pair of t50rp and now I'm interested in doing a Thunderpants style mod for sound quality purposes, but I've noticed that my t50rp in there current state produce a lot of noise, which is kind of a problem when your working next to other people. So I was wondering do the Thunderpants reduce the amount of noise coming from these headphones or is that not effected at all? If it's not can you suggest a quieter pair of headphone that I might try. Thanks!

Nov 10, 2012 at 8:32 AM Post #2 of 7
Quote:
I just bought myself a pair of t50rp and now I'm interested in doing a Thunderpants style mod for sound quality purposes, but I've noticed that my t50rp in there current state produce a lot of noise, which is kind of a problem when your working next to other people. So I was wondering do the Thunderpants reduce the amount of noise coming from these headphones or is that not effected at all? If it's not can you suggest a quieter pair of headphone that I might try. Thanks!

Don't judge Thunderpants by an out-of-the-box pair of T50RP's.  Un-modded, they are not a very good headphone - at all.  The cheap plastic can housing produces a lot of resonances and can sound positively awful.  As for noise, you might be experiencing some static from the cheap, right-angle 1/8" plug and jack in the headphone shell. One should not buy T50RP's without the idea of modifying them quickly.
wink.gif

Most mods address all these issues.  The Thunderpants begin by tossing the plastic can shells altogether. 

Nov 10, 2012 at 4:47 PM Post #3 of 7
I think, I phrased my question poorly, I'm not talking about the quality of either the thunderpants or T50RP, or the amount of static given off my either. What I want to know is whether or not the headphones will be heard by the other people in my office. I assume that the T50RP are loud because of there semi-open back. Are the thunderpants just as loud?

Nov 10, 2012 at 8:48 PM Post #4 of 7
Quote:
I think, I phrased my question poorly, I'm not talking about the quality of either the thunderpants or T50RP, or the amount of static given off my either. What I want to know is whether or not the headphones will be heard by the other people in my office. I assume that the T50RP are loud because of there semi-open back. Are the thunderpants just as loud?

Simple enough - ask Smeggy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back