Thumbs up to Shure support!
Aug 19, 2005 at 1:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

jas0nt

New Head-Fier
I am extremely pleased with Shure's excellent standards in their PR and support department.

This Monday, I sent an email to Shure discussing my problems and a request for some black-flex sleeves to be sent to me because I found the packaged sleeves uncomfortable, and I found it impossible to find the soft-flex sleeves where I live (Australia).

The last paragraph in my email read:

"I am writing this e-mail not as a complaint, but as a request that you (in your own interest) supply me a pair of soft-flex sleeves; for I am finding it not only difficult to use my Shure E2C's with the tips provided in the packaging, but also to locate any of the aforementioned sleeves in Australia."

The email I recieved back from Tim (Shure support officer), who I send my best regards to:

"For sure, I happen to have a few packs of the E2c soft black flex sleeves here at my desk that I would be willing to send to you at no charge. They are a newer accessory that just got added in with the E2c's fairly recently, so you may have not received them with your E2c's. Please send me your return address and I would be happy to send them out to you."

Today I came home with a parcel delivered from Shure Inc. with a 2 packs of assorted soft-flex sleeves, sent all the way from the US to Australia in less than a week (4 working days even)

Two thumbs up, Shure.

Aug 19, 2005 at 3:43 PM Post #2 of 23
That's very interesting because I recently had a different experience with Shure.

I used to have the same Shure phones you use: Shure E2c. I recently bought the Ety ER-4P and was able to convince my little sister to try the Shures - but none of the tips worked for her. Unfortunately - over here in Germany at least - Shure is just a distributor, so you can't buy those sleeves directly from Shure.
Therefore I looked for those ultra-soft sleeves "offline" but none of our local shops had them. Well, I emailed Shure's customer support with regard to the sleeves but they just directed me back to some local shops, which had none. Don't get me wrong, but having bought one of their products for around one hundred bucks I don't think it would hurt them to send me a sample pair of those sleeves, which will afaik cost them only a few cents, to see if they do the job.
I finally found a shop which offered me to order a package of those sleeves but it took me about one month to get them. Ok, this is not Shures fault but I can understand that it isn't too profitable for the shop to order them separately. Worst of all: It cost me around 12 Euros! Just to get this package with a pair of each of the 3 available sizes and to find out that they don't work for her either. Some people like IEMs, some don't - sometimes it's just the tip (I disliked the silicon tips but loved the foamies).

On the other hand I had a very pleasant experience with the Etymotic customer support. When I got my Etys I had some problems with their tips and getting a good seal but as Etymotic is a bit exotic where I live I couldn't find a shop. So I emailed Etymotic and they were happy to provide me with a free sample pair of those bigger yellow foam tips including free oversea shipping. Well, they worked for me - that convinced me to keep the Etys and I already ordered a package of those yellow foam tips ....

I'm truely not part of this "I want everything for free"-hype but I think when I've spend quite a few bucks on a product it won't be too difficult for a company to make sure that their customers are satisfied by spending a few cents on something like those sleeves. After all it's in their own interest to keep their customers - I am not only an even happier Ety customer but they have their free-sample-expenses covered through the money I spent on this (and any future) package of foam tips. Don't get me wrong I don't want to bash Shure in any way - maybe it's just a difference between the German and the US customer support.

Before you reply - please, this wasn't meant as a flame in any way.

Marcus

Aug 19, 2005 at 5:49 PM Post #3 of 23
Regarding Shure not sending you things in Germany, it's probably the distributor who wont allow them to do that. Sometimes the distributor can get pretty tight with their distribution agreements.

I work for a software company and we developed a freebee intended for all customers, but we absolutely could not give it away over there. Our VAR would not allow it.

Stupid it seems since it enhances the product for all/

Aug 19, 2005 at 8:07 PM Post #4 of 23
MarcusH,

I've got a few E2 sleeves left over from the meet we just had. Shure provided them to us free of charge. If you want to PM me your address I'll send you a set of the soft flex sleeves and a 2-3 pairs of foamies so long as the shipping isn't more then a few dollars. I've never shipped internationally so I'm not sure what costs are involved.

It has always been my experience that Shure takes very good care of their customers. I managed to damage the filter in my E5's a few months back. I sent them in and they had them back to me in record time, fixed under warranty.
biggrin.gif

Aug 19, 2005 at 9:46 PM Post #6 of 23
I had good experience with Shure too. I had a problem with E2c few months after i bought them. They replaced it within a week with a brand new pair no questions asked. I didn't even have to fill the RMA form

Aug 20, 2005 at 1:50 PM Post #7 of 23
Thanks Jasper, that's very kind of you, but as I've written in my last post I already bought a package of soft flex sleeves, apparently they didn't work for my sister. I think she's just annoyed by something "so big" in her ears *g*. It doesn't matter anymore because I'm very happy with my Etys - well, until "upgratitis nervosa" is itching again *g* - and she keeps her former headphones.

As you said, sno1man, it's probably due to their distribution agreements. Nevertheless I still hold Shure in high regard, but when it came down to the decision between two quite different headphones - Shure E5 and Ety ER4 - I think my experience with them also played a certain role, that's all.

Ciao,
Marcus

Aug 20, 2005 at 6:09 PM Post #8 of 23
Okay, someone badmouthed shure, so I guess I better list all of the things theyve given me:
a case (he had a couple in his desk drawer)
full set of e3/e4/e5 sleeves and
full set of e2c sleeves, with extra softies (I actually only asked for a small pair but they must have had these laying around on their desk)
a while later, two pair of small flex and one pair of small medium: for an e4c mod I will post soon (also these were laying around on his desk)

Conclusion: How can anyone at Shure do any work with all that stuff at their desk?
biggrin.gif

Shure is usually very accomidating, I have no idea what happened to the guy in Germany

Oct 24, 2005 at 2:57 PM Post #11 of 23
I had the cable-splitting problem with my E2c's. I e-mailed Shure, returned them and had a brand new pair within a couple of days. And this pair appear to use a softer rubber compound on the cable, so I doubt it will start splitting again over time. Excellent customer service.

Thanks Shure- you rock!
icon10.gif

Oct 24, 2005 at 4:17 PM Post #12 of 23
On the other hand, I emailed Etymotic about the fitting problem with my ER-6 and they never replied and it's been two weeks already. I'm definitely considering the Shure's E4 when I upgrade.

Oct 24, 2005 at 4:45 PM Post #13 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by parrot5
On the other hand, I emailed Etymotic about the fitting problem with my ER-6 and they never replied and it's been two weeks already. I'm definitely considering the Shure's E4 when I upgrade.

Try again. Maybe they missed your mail. They replied mine within a day. And they're sending me some sample tips.

Oct 24, 2005 at 4:55 PM Post #14 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by ragemage
I had the cable-splitting problem with my E2c's. I e-mailed Shure, returned them and had a brand new pair within a couple of days. And this pair appear to use a softer rubber compound on the cable, so I doubt it will start splitting again over time. Excellent customer service.

Thanks Shure- you rock!
icon10.gif

Me too with busted E3Cs, received brand-new bubble-pack within 48hrs of my broken ones being signed for at the depot.

Oct 25, 2005 at 9:59 AM Post #15 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by allenf
Nice little vest. Light.

tap-tap-tap-tap-tap-tap-tap
wink.gif

(best signature I've seen here man...)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back