Three audio sources with an easy ability to switch between them?
May 7, 2023 at 11:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Yero

New Head-Fier
Hello!
I am very new to this audio world and very excited!

I have three sources of audio coming from my PC:
1. YouTube - ASUS ProArt PA329C Monitor's speakers with a cable 3.5mm cable
2. Music - Sennheiser HD 650 with 4.4mm (balanced) or 2.5mm (balanced) cable - 300 Ω
3. Gaming - Razer Barracuda Pro (2.4GHz Wireless + Bluetooth) - 32 Ω

NOTE: I did not purchase the Sennheiser yet, so for that reason I have a choice of aftermarket (balanced) cable, or build it myself, but my birthday is coming up, so I'll be getting them at end of May.

I also have a FiiO K7 (regular, not the bluetooth version) AMP/DAC connected via USB cable to the PC.
I thought to return regular version of FiiO K7 (which I can still do via Amazon) and get a Bluetooth version of it.

Then get a splitter switch to be be able to switch between monitor and Sennheiser headphones by connecting them to a balanced 4.4 connection and them Bluetooth headphones also.
Problem is I was not able to find a 4.4mm (male) to 4.4mm (female) or 2.5mm (female) splitter with a switch so that I could also get an adapter to connect the monitor audio with.
But then I started thinking it is really kind of gimmicky and thought that If I can get a proper DAC/AMP combo that can support three sources would be a perfect solution.

There is a little thing though. I like FiiO design and a large turning knob at the front of it. There is others like it by FiiO, but more expensive (K7 is $200 on Amazon). I am ok spending a little over $500 if I like how it looks and it will do all the things I want it to do (easily switch between 3 devices). I also would not like a separate amp and dac - I like things minimal and compact, but maybe you'll be able to convince me otherwise if it is worth it?

Would you please take a look at this $500 Bluetooth DAC/AMP - FiiO K9 (not the K9 Pro) and tell me if it will connect all three and give me an ability to switch with a click of a button?
or perhaps someone can suggest an alternative one if it is not too far off $500?

Your input will be VERY VERY VERY appreciated!
Thanks!

May 15, 2023 at 4:08 PM Post #2 of 3
Hello!
I am very new to this audio world and very excited!

I have three sources of audio coming from my PC:
1. YouTube - ASUS ProArt PA329C Monitor's speakers with a cable 3.5mm cable
2. Music - Sennheiser HD 650 with 4.4mm (balanced) or 2.5mm (balanced) cable - 300 Ω
3. Gaming - Razer Barracuda Pro (2.4GHz Wireless + Bluetooth) - 32 Ω

NOTE: I did not purchase the Sennheiser yet, so for that reason I have a choice of aftermarket (balanced) cable, or build it myself, but my birthday is coming up, so I'll be getting them at end of May.

I also have a FiiO K7 (regular, not the bluetooth version) AMP/DAC connected via USB cable to the PC.
I thought to return regular version of FiiO K7 (which I can still do via Amazon) and get a Bluetooth version of it.

Then get a splitter switch to be be able to switch between monitor and Sennheiser headphones by connecting them to a balanced 4.4 connection and them Bluetooth headphones also.
Problem is I was not able to find a 4.4mm (male) to 4.4mm (female) or 2.5mm (female) splitter with a switch so that I could also get an adapter to connect the monitor audio with.
But then I started thinking it is really kind of gimmicky and thought that If I can get a proper DAC/AMP combo that can support three sources would be a perfect solution.

There is a little thing though. I like FiiO design and a large turning knob at the front of it. There is others like it by FiiO, but more expensive (K7 is $200 on Amazon). I am ok spending a little over $500 if I like how it looks and it will do all the things I want it to do (easily switch between 3 devices). I also would not like a separate amp and dac - I like things minimal and compact, but maybe you'll be able to convince me otherwise if it is worth it?

Would you please take a look at this $500 Bluetooth DAC/AMP - FiiO K9 (not the K9 Pro) and tell me if it will connect all three and give me an ability to switch with a click of a button?
or perhaps someone can suggest an alternative one if it is not too far off $500?

Your input will be VERY VERY VERY appreciated!
Thanks!
Hello,

So, first of all: does your computer have an integrated BT transceiver? This is super important, because most BT (99%) in DAC/AMPs is only BT input, not BT output.

The rest is pretty straightforward. Both FiiO K7 and K9 have the output switch. You can easily switch between headphones and the speakers with that.

Craft Ears Stay updated on Craft Ears at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/craftears https://www.instagram.com/craft.ears/ https://www.craftears.com/
May 28, 2023 at 11:30 AM Post #3 of 3
Do you consider software solutions? Audioswtich/NirSoft/Audioswitcher etc.
You wouldn't loss any audio quality, switching is quick (you may add remote keyboard/headphone stand to automate it), zero money spent (most of this apps are free or cost similarly to pint).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back