Three Artists You May Not Have Heard Of: Another Episode
Feb 8, 2013 at 12:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

NA Blur

Headphoneus Supremus
For those of you out there just getting into hi-fi here are three artists and in particular three tracks that should really make your new gear sing. Those seasoned veterans who wish to extend their reference collection should find these tracks as a pleasant addition to their vast supply of already groovy tunes.

Let me preempt the music by telling you all that I search constantly for better and better music. What I mean is I search on a daily basis for music that sounds outstanding especially with particularly good gear. Notice how I did not say expensive, but if you gear is doing its job correctly prepare for quite an audible surprise.

Track #1
Nuclear Ramjet - [Fahrenheit Project Part Two CD1 #05] Folding Time

This track is a testament to clarity and bass thump as a whole. Using an IEM with a well extended and balanced sound signature will allow this track to perform its best.

Track #2
Preston Reed - [Metal #03] Far Horizon

A great track to test how quiet your system is and how well it can reproduce the sound of the guitar. Slightly upfront sounding, Far Horizon delivers some of the finest guitar I have heard.

Track #3
Jasper Van't Hof's Pili Pili - [Gone to the Dogs CD1 #04] Courage

Testing a headphone for soundstage can prove tricky, but Courage makes it easy and fun. The piano at the beginning is extremely realistic and lively, while the focals and instrumentation also ring true.

I hope you all enjoy those as much as I have. May your next album be Bronx in Blue by Dion. Albums rarely come along that sound this good track after track.

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2020 at 2:51 PM Post #2 of 2
Here are 3 new artists coming your way today:

1.) Giovanna Lodigiani - Bolero Boulevard on the Best of Summer Lounge Album

2.) Matt Rowland - The Entertainer Single

3.) Jackson Browne - My Stunning Mystery Companion on the Solo Acoustic Vol. 2 Album

Users who are viewing this thread

Back