Thoughts on upcomming Sony PSP Vita
Feb 23, 2012 at 12:04 AM Post #31 of 42

Quote:
Battery life is not that great, (same with the 3DS) vs something like a DSi. So for that along makes it less than idea for portable audio no?

I just did a burn in with my Vita for my AUD-5X and the battery died at 14 hrs.... if you call that "not alot" i dont know what is alot, that support a 5 inch OLED...

Feb 23, 2012 at 8:00 AM Post #32 of 42
The battery life I was read about was gaming battery life. Didn't occur to me that for music only it would last much longer. Does it have battery saving feature for portable audio?

Feb 23, 2012 at 2:32 PM Post #33 of 42

Quote:
I just did a burn in with my Vita for my AUD-5X and the battery died at 14 hrs.... if you call that "not alot" i dont know what is alot, that support a 5 inch OLED...

The screen was off though, wasn't it?

I am not very excited for this system. I had a PSP and it was so boring that I lent it to someone last year and haven't picked it back up yet. Seems that everything this system can do, a phone can do more, unless you are intent on playing games. The iPhone 4 supports more casual games, but if you're hardcore about your games and trust Sony to give you games (which sadly wasn't that great for the PSP or the PS3 imo) go for it.

Feb 24, 2012 at 5:26 AM Post #34 of 42
Got one yesterday. I wasnt expecting much from the music reproduction.
Boy, I was so wrong...It sounds very good, about the same as a Galaxy S or a Sansa Clip, maybe even better, I will listen to more WAV's when will have time. But it sounds very good from the box!
They used a Wolfson chip for the D/A conversion, that was the best choice.

Feb 29, 2012 at 1:24 PM Post #38 of 42
i have the vita iam really enjoying it so far, i was contemplating on getting a tablet. but for my needs my smartphone and the vita was better choice. games ranging from £4.99 to £39.99 are all great much better than my smartphone, and the audio quality  clear, transparent and wide.  i think due to hackers crippling the psp's third party support is the reason that sony are keeping it a very closed os, so far iam very pleased with games videos, and last but not least audio.

Mar 6, 2012 at 2:21 PM Post #39 of 42
Content manager? lol it's the worst content manager I have ever used. I transfered some music from my pc with little problem but then wanted to make room for a game only to find out there is no way to delete an album, you can only delete indervidual songs which is really time consuming when you have to do it on a 5" screen and your not even able to sort the way the music is listed. So you have to search through possibly hundreds of files to find the ones on the album you want to delete.

As a games system it rocks!!!
etysmile.gif
Plays video and music ok
rolleyes.gif
but controls are just too basic!
eek.gif
Hope they fix these points in a future update to the OS.Oh and there is a little jagginess to the icons on the menu screens as in you can see the pixels.

Still I really do recomend you try it in store before you buy, you may like it!

Apr 3, 2012 at 2:13 AM Post #41 of 42
The Wolfson DAC is very desirable. 

Feb 23, 2016 at 2:46 PM Post #42 of 42
Recently bought a Fiio X1 because of my Vita: I was playing "Persona: Dancing all night" with a cheap headphone amp attached and the sound blew my mind. It was like 4x better/punchier and deeper than on my iPhone.
Now with the Fiio i am really happy but thinking about another headphone amp, because the cheap one now lives on my vita. However, playing stuff from memory cards is out of question, i just use the UPNP streaming for listening to stuff in bed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back