Thoughts on upcomming Sony PSP Vita
Aug 18, 2011 at 4:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 42

Freeze

500+ Head-Fier
This portable media player sounds like it's going to be really awesome. It has a 960x540 (half 1080p resolution) 5 inch AMOLED screen. Is going to have graphics that rival the ps3's graphics and hopefully will have that quality sony sound. It's only 249 dollars for wifi version and 299 for wifi + 3g version and it can interface fully with the psn and ps3 store, I cant wait!

It comes with a quad core ARM processor. It's gonna be powerful as a gaming machine, movie watcher, and hopefully high quality audio.

Aug 18, 2011 at 5:39 AM Post #2 of 42
they also announced that it has 512 RAM.  This little player is going to be the hand held game changer.  They have a lot of ground to make up on the ipod gaming system though.  They really did good keeping the pirce fort the wifi at 249.  Same as the pspgo.  It's twice the machine for the same price. 

Wish they didn't push the release date off til after the holidays.

Aug 18, 2011 at 5:42 AM Post #3 of 42
nice nice, yea if this thing can bring the quality of audio to the level of the sony x walkman and have the powerful gaming side to it. This thing will be the ultimate machine. That 5 inch oled is going to be amazing too

Jan 12, 2012 at 1:30 AM Post #6 of 42
I just poked around the sony vita page and still have some questions, maybe someone knows the answers...

-Internal storage
-card slot?  if so micro/mini SD or their awful memory stick?

Jan 12, 2012 at 1:41 AM Post #7 of 42
Heard about them a few month ago. That quad-core definitely sounds awesome. Apparently it has a touch pad kind of thing on the back as well ? That should make gameplay rather interesting.

Jan 12, 2012 at 9:22 AM Post #8 of 42
I was really excited about remote play between the PS3 and the Vita, until I learned that PS3 games will only be supported via specific updates. Also, I can't really see Bethesda updating Skyrim to support remote play.  
frown.gif

Ah well, I wonder what the audio streaming will be like? 
rolleyes.gif

Jan 13, 2012 at 6:43 PM Post #9 of 42
I've had this thing pre-ordered for a while, and man I can't wait.  I was tempted to get the First Edition Bundle just to get it a week early, but I just don't think I'll ever use 3G.

Feb 1, 2012 at 9:10 PM Post #10 of 42
Can't wait for my pre order too :D

This works :D:

Feb 2, 2012 at 1:00 AM Post #12 of 42
I've got one on preorder.  It should be pretty out of control.  

Feb 2, 2012 at 1:02 AM Post #13 of 42
quad core, very nice. I wonder if all the games are actually optimized for 4 core operation because many computer games/programs still only use 1-2 cores even when consumer cpu's have reached 8 cores

Feb 2, 2012 at 1:03 AM Post #14 of 42
I just preordered mine as well, to all the Canadians thinking about preordering this do it through futureshop as they offer $20 off any gaming accessory/game when you preorder the first edition bundle.

Feb 2, 2012 at 1:28 PM Post #15 of 42
Quote:
It debuted in Japan since Dec. 2011.
I quickly read through reviews at Amazon.jp (link): how strange, almost no one mentioned about its sound; everyone said the screen is beautiful.

I've watched many videos and read many reviews and other information websites but can't find mention of the sound anywhere, wonder why?

That and having to use Sony's own brand of memory card are certainly concerns for me. Hopefully someone will figure out a way to make an adaptor to use normal micro SD.

Quote:
quad core, very nice. I wonder if all the games are actually optimized for 4 core operation because many computer games/programs still only use 1-2 cores even when consumer cpu's have reached 8 cores

I think I read somewhere that three cores are for the game the other is being used by the OS but don't quote me on that!

Oh and probably games only use 1 or 2 cores because not everybody has more than that on there PC's so they can target a larger market in a PC game declining climate it makes sense!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back