Thoughts on the Skullcandy Aviators?
Dec 18, 2012 at 12:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

willitblend

Aka: Thatonedude2
Reading things about them peope have mixed feelings on these. I tested them at target and I really liked the way they sounded. And this is comparing to the M50's. They both sound way different. I honestly like the way the aviators sound more though. I was a fan of the clarity,soundstage and comfort of the aviators. The M50's have a more powerful sound, which I don't like in this case because of the tiny soundstage and everything including instruments sound to cramped. On build quality the M50's win for sure though. What do you think?

Dec 18, 2012 at 1:12 AM Post #2 of 6
I agree with you. When I had the Aviators I really like them quite a lot. Thought they were balanced across the spectrum and sounded very natural. they also scale with a good amp. The only reason I sold mine was due to the lack of isolation or else they would've been one of my go-to portables.

Dec 18, 2012 at 1:19 AM Post #3 of 6
Yep, the Aviators are a great pair of headphones, and not just for being Skullcandy. It's been a while since I heard them, but at the time I felt like they sounded a lot like Ultrasone HFI-580's.

Dec 18, 2012 at 2:16 AM Post #4 of 6
Still own them, going on around three-four months. They're a fantastic set and they age quite well.

Really quick engaging sound signature, it isolates the music from other people listening incredibly well and just for that it's worth the money. Sound signature wise they're a little warm with a more expanded mid-range. Makes guitars/rock really pop. Should mention they're really light and quite comfortable. Easily 4hr+ headphone with no listening fatigue/comfort

Users who are viewing this thread

Back