Thoughts on the SENN 580 EarBuds
Jun 3, 2010 at 3:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

LTUCCI1924

Headphoneus Supremus
I got these a few hours ago and really like them alot. They are so very very clear sounding. They are also very comfortable. I played them out of my sana clip with great results and then pluged them in to my stereo receiver for movies and was very pleased with them. They sounded great with or with out an amp. The clip is neat also that on the bottom of it is a swivel that the wire goes to that swivels compleatly around. These are a great buy at 30.00. Now its getting hot out and you dont fell any heat on the ears with earbuds. The wire is not real long glad to say. They are well made and sound better than a few full size headphones that I have owned.

The highs are great. I play a song that I use to check for the highs and they came through just right and full meaning it was all there.

The mids sound full and upfront but not harsh in any way. Just very presant with a full sound that is very pleasing.

The bass is there not overly done but just right for a great balance.

The soundstage is large for an earbud and just real fun to listen to.

I use the foam covers for comfort. I am just thrilled with these and for the price they are just right on.

Jun 3, 2010 at 7:29 PM Post #3 of 10
I have been a/b the 580 with my hippo vb and after hours I conclude the 580 just cant compair to the vbs. Now the 580 cost 30.00 and the hippos cost 80.00. The hippos are IEM and the 580s are earbuds.  But for the cost of the 580 they are a steal. So back to the hippos

Jun 3, 2010 at 8:38 PM Post #5 of 10
The main reason I wanted earbuds was because the hippos have to much bass for voice but I have found that if I put the hippos in my ear very lightly there is no bass to speak of and voice sounds like earbuds. I listen to a radio show that is all voice and now I can use my hippos but for music and action movies I put the hippos in much farther in my ear and get that great bass the hippos have.
 please deleat this post

Jun 3, 2010 at 8:39 PM Post #6 of 10
The main reason I wanted earbuds was because the hippos have to much bass for voice but I have found that if I put the hippos in my ear very lightly there is no bass to speak of and voice sounds like earbuds. I listen to a radio show that is all voice and now I can use my hippos but for music and action movies I put the hippos in much farther in my ear and get that great bass the hippos have.

Jun 3, 2010 at 9:50 PM Post #9 of 10
I find that the bass in the hippos can be controled from light to heavey by how far you put them in the ear cannal.

Jun 4, 2010 at 10:37 AM Post #10 of 10
eh id rather have an iem that i dont have to worry about how far i need to push in. a good seal should give you the ideal SQ. I cant stand overdone bass--nice, tight, accurate bass is the way to go for me. Glad you like your hippos tho!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back