Thoughts on the Darkvoice 336se?
May 15, 2020 at 5:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

PrincessLeliana

500+ Head-Fier
Sorry if this is meant for the help and recommendations thread! But I just wanted to get other peoples thoughts on the above amp? It looks cool and has good reviews but I prefer a little anecdotal evidence as well.

May 15, 2020 at 6:04 PM Post #2 of 7
I've had mine for about 2 years and love it. I primarily use it with my 6xx. My preferred tubes are RCA for power and Shanguang Treasure for Pre-Amp. I also have some Tung-Sol tubes that are very good. If you have one of the Sennheiser 6 series headphones do you self a favor and pick up the Darkvoice.

May 15, 2020 at 6:09 PM Post #3 of 7
I've had mine for about 2 years and love it. I primarily use it with my 6xx. My preferred tubes are RCA for power and Shanguang Treasure for Pre-Amp. I also have some Tung-Sol tubes that are very good. If you have one of the Sennheiser 6 series headphones do you self a favor and pick up the Darkvoice.
Wow I have no idea what those tubes mean lmao. And I don't have any headphones to pair yet :c

May 17, 2020 at 9:12 PM Post #6 of 7
I've had a DV 336se for a few years for an office system. I think the amp is really good - for the money it is amazing. I use this amp with 250 ohm Beyerdynamic 770 headphones - I think it is a really good pairing.

May 17, 2020 at 11:07 PM Post #7 of 7
Great amp for the money. I have had mine for a few years. Tube rolling changes a lot. I would suggest getting the stock ones out ASAP. Also as stated before having an appropriate headphone is just as important to how well the amp will sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back