Thoughts on the Cantate with detailed cans?
Mar 27, 2008 at 2:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Punnisher

Headphoneus Supremus
I've been giving the Cantate some serious thought, as I'd like a nice solid state amp. How well do these fare with the likes of the Grado 325i and the k701?

I love the sound of my 2move with all my cans, so could I expect a similar level of awesomeness with the Cantate and a pair of high end Grados?

I'd really like my high end amp purchase to be very versatile. What do you think?

Mar 27, 2008 at 3:13 AM Post #2 of 4
If you like the Corda Move you will love the Cantate. I owned both amps, the Cantate is much better in definition, soundstage and instrument separation the highs also sound a bit smoother yet clear. My Xin amps have better focus than the Cantate though, but it may be because the Xin amps have more spacing between instruments, while the Cantate makes instruments sound bigger so there is less space between instruments/voice, for everything else the Cantate has the edge.

As for the headphone pairing with 325i and K701, cannot comment, haven't listen to it with the Cantate.

Mar 28, 2008 at 4:23 AM Post #3 of 4
Thanks for the info. I like my 2move very much, and the crossfeed is a nice feature for old recordings.

What are your thoughts on your grados and senns paired with the amp?

And lastly what do you think of the DAC? I hear its the same as my 2move.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back