Thoughts on the AKG K712 vs other mid-fi headphones
Jul 21, 2017 at 1:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

GCFSA

New Head-Fier
Hey guys,

So I've been wanting a pair of open back headphones for a while now (currently own a pair of K550 and HD25 II) and I happened to come across the AKG K712 Pro on sale for $250 AUD so about $197 USD. From what I've gathered, these are supposed to be somewhat neutral headphones with a good soundstage. I already have the O2 amp so whether or not I can drive these shouldn't be too much of a concern.

Just wondering how these compare to the HD600/ATH AD700x (since those I've had a listen to before) or even the headphones that I currently own. I'm planning on going to a store to try them out in a few days if I have the time to but any opinions/thoughts would be appreciated since the deal ends quite soon.

Thanks!

GCFSA

Jul 22, 2017 at 1:54 PM Post #2 of 2
The HD600s will have a bit more natural sound than neutral - warmer mids, less low bass (like many speaker setups), and smoothed over treble. The K712 are more analytical and neutral/monitor like. The K712 would probably be my pick, but I already own and enjoy Q701s :p. HD650 vs K712 - that'd be a harder pick!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back