Thoughts on Luminous Audio Synchestra Reference?
Nov 25, 2005 at 7:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Vertigo-1

Señor Sony
I think there's a few Headfiers that have owned these cables before, and was wondering if you folks could clue me in on the strengths and weaknesses of these interconnects? I've been back to researching cables for my system and am looking for something that has good extension on treble and bass, but mainly want something that has a more musical midrange. Absolute details is not as important, I'm trying to transform my system from being merely detailed to being detailed and musical.

I should explain what I'm looking for better with the midrange in particular. I'm looking for a midrange that is not simply deliberately warmer, but rather a midrange that's got body and bloom, but also remains transparent and clear. Probably the easiest way to describe this is to reference the one headphone that manages to do midrange this way...the Sony MDR-R10. THAT is the kind of midrange I'm looking for in a cable. It's got such an emotionally moving midrange and yet it doesn't have a heavy warmth to it that blurs or obscures transients. Everything I've read so far on the LASR seems to point in that direction. The other consideration is the Cardas Golden Reference but everything I've read about it seems to point towards a midrange that does have a deliberate warmth to it.

I'm also open to any other cable suggestions that can combine good extension and decay with a euphonic midrange. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back