thoughts on in ear headphones?
Apr 14, 2004 at 9:37 PM Post #16 of 22
The short cord will only work with mono/stereo style jacks, not with stereo-only jacks. But it doesn't need a "special" adapter, so you aren't forced to use the long adapter cable that comes with the 'phones. Like I posted in this thread, you should be able to use any adapter that is advertised to accept both mono and stereo plugs. So...the short cord works with my old SRF-33W, but not stuff like my newer SRF-M37V. The short cord also works with an old 1/8" -> 1/4" adapter I tried it with. And yes, the 'phones works in stereo with this stuff. So it's pretty safe to assume that you could just use something like Radio Shack #274-372, although I haven't tried that one yet. But my advice is to just buy a right angle adapter that accepts stereo or mono plugs.

And if you don't like to use adapters (or spend money), you could always just mod the plug like Audiocubes guy did.

Apr 14, 2004 at 11:08 PM Post #17 of 22
Thanks for all your help. I think I am going to go with the Shure E2. It seems to be a good place to start. I am a little worried about comfort, but i guess i will find out.

My mp3 player is not the greatest so i may be upgrading that as well. Any low cost suggestions would help. Also, does anyone know of a place to get the Shure cheaply? Money is an issue.

Apr 14, 2004 at 11:22 PM Post #18 of 22
I haven't seen the E2's for under ~$80, so I think that is probably about how much you will have to spend. Good luck.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 14, 2004 at 11:37 PM Post #19 of 22
I would frequently check the For Sale section of this forum. I bought mine used here for $55 and I'm real happy with them. Put up a want-to-buy notice if there are none on there. Don't worry, you can get new tips, so germs aren't an issue.

Apr 15, 2004 at 3:50 PM Post #20 of 22
Quote:

Originally posted by MechanicalMan
Radio Shack #274-372, although I haven't tried that one yet. But my advice is to just buy a right angle adapter that accepts stereo or mono plugs. . . .

Thanks for the hint!

I had a Radio shack volume control (about 6 inches long) that I just tried, and it works perfectly! I wouldn't have even tried it if it wasn't for your saying that some do work.

Now I can use them with my IPAQ. They were WAAAAY too loud on the lowest setting on the IPAQ.

Carol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back