Thoughts on dBpoweramp?
Apr 4, 2016 at 7:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

sygnus21

1000+ Head-Fier
Anyone using dBpoweramp? Thoughts?  I’m currently doing the trial version right now but am seriously considering getting it.  I’m currently encode in flac and with dBpoweramp I like that you can add DSP effects like resampling and changing bit rates. Plus, its ability to decode HDCD’s is great.

I’m using JRiver Media Center 21 as my music player but like ripping with dBpoweramp because of its tweakability.

Anyway before I actually pay for the program I’d like to get others thoughts on it. Yes, I know there are some “free” programs, but I’m curious about dB.

Thanks.

Apr 5, 2016 at 1:40 AM Post #2 of 6
I am using dBpoweramp for ripping and conversion.
I use the delete original file after conversion option plug-in, which saves a lot of time. (I am working with copies of course).
There is also a plug-in for HDCD conversion, it works OK, but I did not get great results. Not a big deal unless you have many HDCD's...
I also have a more expensive conversion program, but have not found a real SQ benefit - my dBpoweramp stuff sounds just as good as using the other program.
I have just checked briefly, but  I think dBpoweramp does not have many features in the way of up-sampling, it seems rather limited in options, but I have not really researched it much.

Here is an interesting link posted a while ago that compares some of these programs.
If I understand correct, dBpoweramp performs very well.
http://src.infinitewave.ca/

Apr 17, 2016 at 5:29 PM Post #6 of 6
A little late but I have been using the paid version for several years and find the batch ripping a very nice feature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back