Thoughts on Creative Aurvana Live?
Mar 14, 2014 at 2:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Dragonzeanse

100+ Head-Fier
I've seen some pretty glowing reviews for these headphones after they caught my interest with the Amazon product page. They appear very lightweight - to the point that I was reminded of the Bose AE2s. I can't vouch for the sound quality, but having actually worn them in a store, I can honestly say that the AE2s are probably the most comfortable thing I've worn on my head in recent memory (I don't own a lot of headphones, mind, nor do I own those).

Of course, Bose has something of a stigma for focusing more on the illusion of acoustics rather than making headphones that produce good sound. Basically, people say their headphones are overpriced for what they are (but aren't awful like a lot of people think Beats are). Still, in terms of lightweight headphones that just vanish when you're wearing them, I really could not find any parallel.

Until I looked at the Creative Aurvana Live! headphones, with their apparently reasonable price tag.

So my question is: How do they compare to the comfort of something like Bose AE2s? Or hell, how comfortable are they? I'd be very interested in picking up a lightweight headphone, so long as it's got fair build quality (something that really deterred me from the Bose AE2s, not that I was going to buy them). Sound quality appears good. I'm a little bit of a basshead, so if anyone knows if they have a "warm" sound or bassy signature, let me know.

Mar 14, 2014 at 11:36 AM Post #2 of 3
I use to own some CAL and they are very comfortable indeed! The earpads are not huge, though, so if you have large ears you might find they touch the edges. (they are larger than a lot the newer portable over-ear cans like the Momentums, though)

Build quality is decent (good for the money) but not bullet-proof.

Sound quality is excellent for the money. Slightly V-shaped with decent bass, probably right up your street.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back