Thoughts and opinions on Super.fi 3's and a few others?
Dec 16, 2007 at 2:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Baba booey

Headphoneus Supremus
I have a Cowon D2 on the way in the mail. I also own an Insignia NS-DV2g. I have a set of Philips HN-110 noise canceling cans(I didn't do enough research
frown.gif
). I've been looking at some IEMs such as the super.fi 3, cx300, mylarone x3i(wherever I can find them), and Marshmallows. I'm leaning toward the super.fi's but which should I go for? I listen to talk and industrial metal. Isolation is pretty important.

Dec 16, 2007 at 8:35 AM Post #3 of 10
Well, for their sail ratshack price ($40), there's really no question. I've researched my heart out and came to a conclusion with the super.fi 5 pro. It would've been the s.f3 if I was on a budget (much above cx300 and marshmallow for sure but dunno about mylarone).

btw, great review Omega

Dec 16, 2007 at 5:03 PM Post #4 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Omega /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wrote a review of the Super.fi 3's some time ago:
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/min...photos-126552/

Can't say I would recommend them, especially in light of the other well-reviewed IEM's that have come out since that time. You could probably score a pair of "old" Shure E3 or E4's now that would outperform many other single armature designs.

Don't exactly have $100+ or plan to spend that money on headphones yet

Dec 18, 2007 at 12:00 AM Post #8 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by SBD /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, for their sail ratshack price ($40), there's really no question. I've researched my heart out and came to a conclusion with the super.fi 5 pro. It would've been the s.f3 if I was on a budget (much above cx300 and marshmallow for sure but dunno about mylarone).

btw, great review Omega

Thanks, glad it was useful. I didn't realize price had dropped so much on the SF3's. For $40 IEM's there isn't much else out there. Shure E2c's were pretty well respected at the price point until IEM's became so popular, but I've not heard them personally. Go for the SF3's, they're a good value at that price. If they satisfy you, great, don't look back
smily_headphones1.gif
. If they don't, you'll know you need to move up to $80+ to get significant improvements.

Dec 18, 2007 at 1:26 PM Post #9 of 10
The SF3 reminds me a lot of my E3c/SCL3, but it is cheaper. Both are a great introduction into quality single armature IEMs. The Shures are definitely more comfortable and aesthetically pleasing, but I find the sounds to be somewhat comparable, especially considering the SF3 are cheaper.

Dec 18, 2007 at 2:16 PM Post #10 of 10
SF3 are good phoens.
You can improve the missing bass with Shure black olive foams without demaging the sound. You will get a good result in comfort and sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back