Thought he was a headfier but he just wanted to rob me
Feb 12, 2007 at 12:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 83

Digitalbath3737

500+ Head-Fier
Yea just as the title says I was almost robbed today by someone who I thought was a headfier. Here's the story.

My dad owns a security company (not rent a cop) and a bonding agency. Since I'm "daddy's little princess" I rarely get to go on the fun jobs (my dad tries his best to keep me in the office). But this week I've been on a job which has been uneventful until today. I decided to take a break from the boredom and get some coffee. At the 7 eleven this guy notices my e500s and ask me how they sound. So we get into a convo about iems. The guy really knows his stuff. He ask me if he can walk back with me.

The guy looks clean cut and seems harmless enough so I say yes. At this point I just think he wants my number. We have to cut through an industrial park which is empty on Sundays. That's when everything changes. He starts joking that I should give him my e500s, then gets serious about it. Then he grabs me and pulls out a knife and tells me to give them to him.

Okay I know I should have just given them to him... but I can handle myself. So in a matter of seconds the guy finds himself with no knife and his face hitting cement. I cuffed him (carry them for the job... and other reasons
wink.gif
) and waited till the police arrived.

The police chewed me out for not just giving my e500s to the guy... "not worth my life" blah blah blah.... My dad chewed me out for the same reason as the cops, then my mother chewed me out for not using pepper spray on the guy after I had him cuffed (gotta love mom)!
rs1smile.gif

Anyway That's my eventful day. So the moral of the story is to be careful. Thieves also know how expensive our gear is too. And for most of you I recommend just giving over your gear. It's really not worth your life.

Feb 12, 2007 at 12:28 AM Post #3 of 83
you are the official bodyguard for the national convention...

Feb 12, 2007 at 12:31 AM Post #4 of 83
Wow, that's crazy. glad you held your own in that situation.

our gear is easily replaceable, don't try to risk your life resisting.

Feb 12, 2007 at 12:34 AM Post #5 of 83
Not going to this years national. It falls on days i have to drill with my Army unit. So instead of spending time with headphones... i'll be ruining my hearing firing my M4. Next year I'll be the bodyguard
tongue.gif

Feb 12, 2007 at 12:38 AM Post #6 of 83
Quote:

Originally Posted by Digitalbath3737 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not going to this years national. It falls on days i have to drill with my Army unit. So instead of spending time with headphones... i'll be ruining my hearing firing my M4. Next year I'll be the bodyguard
tongue.gif

ok..so you are not a mall chicka...thank you for serving..

Feb 12, 2007 at 12:52 AM Post #9 of 83
how very cool. so how did you beat him up? i'm interested in the juicy details...

i wonder if he comes to this forums... i knew there were some bad people here but i didn't know there were theives too.

Feb 12, 2007 at 1:09 AM Post #11 of 83
when a stranger asks about my headphones i usually scream "I DON'T KNOW YOU!", kick them in the nads and run away crying.

/i'm not too popular at meets

Feb 12, 2007 at 1:18 AM Post #12 of 83
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1911 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ok..so you are not a mall chicka...thank you for serving..

lol yea I'm no where near a mall girl. I like beer, whiskey, rifles and electronics. I thank my mom for that. If it were up to my dad I'd still be wearing pink bows in my hair.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cotdt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
how very cool. so how did you beat him up? i'm interested in the juicy details...

i wonder if he comes to this forums... i knew there were some bad people here but i didn't know there were theives too.

I just grabbed a pressure point on his wrist that made him drop the knife, as I was doing that I was using his wrist to bend him back. When his adam's apple was exposed I took the fist of my other hand and hit it. While kicking the front of his knee caps making him fall to the ground. When he tried to get up I just kicked him in the back of his head and had the cuffs on him before he knew what hit him. It was pretty much over in a matter of seconds. It took him completely by surprise. I mean I'm barely 5'2 and am probably about 110... so no one expects me to be able to kick anyones *****.
tongue.gif

He did mention headfi as well as Dapreview. Not sure if he's a member. Said he browses a few forums. Those where the only two forums I recognized though.

Feb 12, 2007 at 1:18 AM Post #13 of 83
Quote:

Originally Posted by redshifter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
when a stranger asks about my headphones i usually scream "I DON'T KNOW YOU!", kick them in the nads and run away crying.

/i'm not too popular at meets

hahaha gotta love the king of the hill refrences. A couple kicks in the nuts wouldve made that guy think a lot harder before pulling a knife again.
evil_smiley.gif

Feb 12, 2007 at 1:26 AM Post #14 of 83
Wow...
blink.gif

So cool you did such a thing...I would have ran away, especially not having a weapon on me.

Whenever I go to Safeway at night, I carry some house scissors, just in case some random hobo wants to play piggyback with me.

Feb 12, 2007 at 1:28 AM Post #15 of 83
Quote:

Originally Posted by Beach123456 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hahaha gotta love the king of the hill refrences. A couple kicks in the nuts wouldve made that guy think a lot harder before pulling a knife again.
evil_smiley.gif

Lol I had a bit of fun with him after he was cuffed. I picked up his tooth! Did a dance for him. Called the "I got your tooth" dance Even had a song called the "I got your tooth" song. The dance had a few kicks to the nuts in it. The cops made me give him back his tooth!
mad.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back