"Though we gotta say goodbye for the summer"...
Jun 5, 2004 at 9:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

Eagle_Driver

Headphoneus Supremus
...I'm not leaving Head-Fi for the summer. I'm talking about saying goodbye to all of my full-sized headphones for the summer. (And nope; I'm not selling any of them for the moment - I'm just putting them in storage during the hot months.)

You see why I'm saying this? Because I'm very prone to sweating during the hot, humid summer months even when I'm just sitting. As a result, most of my headphone collection will be temporarily mothballed in favor of some of my cheap portable headphones (including some crappy, overpriced Sonys, but also including my "good" Koss KSC/Porta series headphones and Sennheiser PX### series phones) and one of my Grado headphones.

It's been a blast knowing my big headphones. I will meet them again when autumn comes around.

Speaking of my thread title, guess which song that line is from?
evil_smiley.gif

Eagle_Driver

Jun 5, 2004 at 10:23 PM Post #3 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by bhd812
the song is something of "letter, sealed with a kiss"

something, am i rite?

Close enough. The actual title of that song from which that line came from is "Sealed With A Kiss".

Jun 5, 2004 at 11:50 PM Post #6 of 25
Quote:

No air conditioning??

i was just about to ask that...

Jun 5, 2004 at 11:54 PM Post #7 of 25
*nods in agreement with Ety's on, bearing the sweltering inferno of heat that is his room* My Grados are taking a break as well.
tongue.gif

Jun 5, 2004 at 11:58 PM Post #8 of 25
Well if you can find utter quiet, the K1000 ought to do well. Do Grados make your ears hot? or do you find that the wax buildup creates more heat? If you have a basement it might be cooler down there. How about a water mister? I find that the Beyer pads soak up a lot of sweat. The most summer comfortable pads I have are on the K401 & K501.

Jun 6, 2004 at 12:56 AM Post #9 of 25
Well, the problem is that I sweat even with the air conditioning on. And I cannot wear any canalphones because I cannot have extreme isolation in my listening situations.

Jun 6, 2004 at 1:47 AM Post #12 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by puppet
Eagle, why do you have so many different headphones, shouldnt you just have one portable one, and one Good sounding one.

I echo bangraman's opinion in the quote below:
Quote:

Originally Posted by bangraman
Many of us have even more
evil_smiley.gif

And many more people have just the craptacular stock headphones that came with their portable player(s)
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jun 6, 2004 at 3:30 AM Post #13 of 25
admit it, your cheap like me and don't crank your a/c high enough because of the electrical bills.

Jun 6, 2004 at 3:38 AM Post #14 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by ratdog
admit it, your cheap like me and don't crank your a/c high enough because of the electrical bills.

Not quite true there, either. My A/C struggles to keep up even in moderately warm (hot) weather.

Jun 6, 2004 at 3:42 AM Post #15 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by puppet
Eagle, why do you have so many different headphones, shouldnt you just have one portable one, and one Good sounding one.

It's a head-fi requirement. You must buy one new headphone every month in order to remain a member in good standing. After you reach a total of 4 pairs, you're allowed to sell off one for every two you buy.

Or something like that.
basshead.gif
blink.gif
evil_smiley.gif
eek.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back