Those phonak iem shaped guides for iem wires
Apr 2, 2009 at 7:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

dazzer1975

Headphoneus Supremus
Anyone know where in the uk these can be ordered from?

Visited phonak's site and it seems they refuse to ship to the uk and all their authorised dealers in the uk are hearing aid retailers.

Alternatively if anyone would order these and ship them onto me I would be very grateful and of course pay you via paypal for all costs incurred.

https://store.nexternal.com/shared/S...sp&mdr=default

not sure if link works, but its just those silicone ear guides that come in packs of 3 for $8

Apr 2, 2009 at 7:47 PM Post #2 of 11
I was wondering the exact same thing. I have a pair of UE super.fi5 v2's and wanted to get a pair for those. Sadly, UE decided to stray away from the memory wire on this model, but I think the phonak guides would work brilliantly.

Apr 2, 2009 at 8:25 PM Post #3 of 11
Really? nobody in the UK has them? I would do it. I already ordered a couple packs for my other headphones. They are great.
Too bad the shipping would probably make these incredibly expensive.

Apr 2, 2009 at 8:37 PM Post #4 of 11
shipping couldn't be expensive, they must only come in essentially an envelope and weigh absolutely nothing surely?

And I checked every single uk distributor shown on the phonak website and none of them carry the ear guides and most don't even carry the earphone itself, like I said they are predominantly hearing aid retailers and hearing clinics.

Hopefully Bill from phonak will see this thread?

Apr 2, 2009 at 11:02 PM Post #5 of 11
From my experience anything shipped overseas even just a thick envelope is pretty hefty. Especially since the guides are a few cents to produce, and costs $8. I would guess the shipping would be around $1.
If you know anybody else in England that want's them. I can do a bulk buy. Just shipping 6 pieces of silicon is a little odd in my opinion.

Apr 2, 2009 at 11:23 PM Post #7 of 11
hey fyu, if you could give me a price for shipping (unless the $1 was the price?) then if you would do it, it would be fine, honestly, I just fancy trying these things out and think they would be good for my iems (none of them feature these memory shape guides), infact, i'll pm you if thats ok?

@iriver dude, good idea, I have some from my nitro rc car days but for the price of these I'd like to get the ones specifically designed for this purpose. I think the guage actually may be a little too wide tbh? anyway, thanks for the suggestion, I never thought of that and might end up using that anyway.

Apr 2, 2009 at 11:34 PM Post #8 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by iriverdude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just buy some model engine soft silicon tubing?

Not a bad idea, but it's shaped to go around the ear. Not sure how you could get the tubing to stay keep a certain shape.

Apr 3, 2009 at 9:58 AM Post #9 of 11
Slide in a pre-bent piece of steel wire? Or a heat treated & bent plastic rod? Not sure how you'll insert the wire into the tubing unless you re-wire the canal phones, or cut a slice down the silicon tubing like pipe insulation.

Nov 2, 2009 at 4:51 PM Post #10 of 11
The thread creator will probably not see this, but for anyone else these days who is interested (like myself, going to buy some later)

You can now get these in the UK, with free 1st class postage from

SwissHearingAids.com> Main Section > Phonak Audeo PFE Earphones > Phonak Audeo PFE Silicone Ear Guides

Says they are a new product, so I'm not sure how long they have been available. Cheaper than the other Swiss site that usually comes up on Google selling these that charges 19 Swiss francs for them to be sent to the Uk (about £12)

Nov 2, 2009 at 7:55 PM Post #11 of 11
These Audeo Ear Guides are well worth the money, I highly recommend them. They are $8 free shipping to USA. I'm sure someone would be willing to buy them for you, they are surely a great product, plus they come in 3s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back