Those of you with an iPod Touch...
Dec 9, 2007 at 5:23 AM Post #16 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by jdimitri /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The screen doesn't scratch..

Go to you tube and look up 'ipod touch scratch'.

If i were you i'd matte the back somehow to avoid ugly scratching. Or at least put a BSE on it

Otherwise, flash players are much more durable so..

Exactly. You all realize that the Classic, 3rd Gen Nano, iPhone and Touch use

OPTICAL GRADE GLASS as a cover for the screen. Screen protectors are totally

unnecessary. A case, on the other hand, is a very good idea. To mar the

shiny chrome that lines the edges of the device by dropping it on asphalt

would really be a shame.

Dec 9, 2007 at 8:54 PM Post #17 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Amblin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Exactly. You all realize that the Classic, 3rd Gen Nano, iPhone and Touch use

OPTICAL GRADE GLASS as a cover for the screen. Screen protectors are totally

unnecessary. A case, on the other hand, is a very good idea. To mar the

shiny chrome that lines the edges of the device by dropping it on asphalt

would really be a shame.

I would rather fork over ten bucks for an exim spuc for the screen, rather than to rely on the 'optical grade glass' on my $400 ipod touch.

Anyway, I'm not looking for an overly heavy or bulky case, but the cases that are out right now aren't that great.

Dec 12, 2007 at 3:00 AM Post #18 of 27
Anyone try the Matias Armor case for the touch? I just got a touch and am looking for a case. The matias looks good but I'm not familiar with the company.

Dec 12, 2007 at 7:20 AM Post #20 of 27
I've got both a sealed iPod touch and a Griffin Reflect case sitting right beside me, waiting until exams are over (so I can import everything into iTunes against my own will...). Really, the Reflect is a nice case. It gives it a nice shiny front, but keeps a frost-like look in the back. The included screen protector is a really nice addition too, which keeps from having to go and buy one separately. It's 30$+tax for the whole dealie (plus a cleaning cloth), which is probably the best deal I've found. The only other cases are no-names or expensive leather ones really. If you're looking for a simple clamshell then that's the one I'd go for. The case I really wanted, Otterbox's Defender for Ipod touch is only aviailable online, and shipping kills the pricepoint (30 USD + shipping + duties and whatnot). Although if you want to take the chance then that's probably the best case I've seen, yet substantially makes it larger. For being in my pocket I think I'm fine with the reflect, and when it really needs to take a beating, then I've got a small pelican case that I'm going to fit with some styrofoam for when I put it in my bag or something. I'll post some pictures and a review here because there aren't too many reviews on head-fi yet.

Dec 13, 2007 at 8:00 AM Post #23 of 27
Apple Store at Eaton Center. On closer inspection it really isn't too bad. And if you don't like it, then there's a 14 day return policy.

On a side note, apparently Orb is working with the device to get their services online. That means I'll be able to steam live TV anywhere where I get wi-fi. Plus I can stream media off my home PC. 16 GB capacity? Who cares?

Dec 13, 2007 at 6:25 PM Post #24 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Duke_Of_Eli /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Apple Store at Eaton Center. On closer inspection it really isn't too bad. And if you don't like it, then there's a 14 day return policy.

On a side note, apparently Orb is working with the device to get their services online. That means I'll be able to steam live TV anywhere where I get wi-fi. Plus I can stream media off my home PC. 16 GB capacity? Who cares?

Hmm, last time I checked they didn't have anything good for the iPod touch.... Maybe I'll have to check again...

Thanks

Dec 14, 2007 at 12:29 PM Post #25 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by GAD /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No case. I like my gear naked.

GAD

unsaid: ...like my woman!

-----------------------------------
BTW, optical grade glass? Oh please. That also scratches, although not as easily as polycarbonate and other lens material.

Dec 15, 2007 at 10:29 PM Post #26 of 27
I picked up the reflect case yesterday, put it on.

bottom doesn't clamp fully (mainly my bad, I have a BSE ont he back of my touch, making it an extra tight fit), but also the bottom of the touch has a slight curve to it. The case doesn't.

What does that mean? It means if i drop my touch directly on the bottom, the aluminum part will get dented.

Another peeve I had was the hard to access sleep button.

Other than that, its a pretty nice case. I personally would return it, but since its stuck on my ipod and I can't get it off without damaging it, I'll have to keep it.

Dec 16, 2007 at 4:02 AM Post #27 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Webrider /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You could try this
Griffin Technology: Elan Form for iPhone

I have this case and love it. I have had only one other case and it was one of those armband cases and it sucked. I have this same case for my classic 160 and a RSA Hornet amp with velcro on them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back