Thom Yorke "The Eraser"
Feb 20, 2007 at 1:19 PM Post #4 of 21
It grows a lot. Still, there are a couple of songs that are not that great.

I love it more and more the more I listen it to it. It is a great album and Harrowdown Hill might well be the best song of 2006 for me.

There are groups making "different" music for the shake of it, no matter if it is a bit of rubbish. Not in this case.

Feb 20, 2007 at 1:23 PM Post #5 of 21
You don't need all those options. There is only one answer YES!
wink.gif

Feb 20, 2007 at 5:25 PM Post #10 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by infinitesymphony /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As Nomad said, definitely a grower. It also scales well with system upgrades.
icon10.gif

Very good point. It really sounds mesmerizing if the system is up to it. It sounds good with pretty much every headphone I tried but it is really incredible with the Qualias and Omega1 (both detailed, sharp and with great PRaT). It is specially easy to see on Harrowdown Hill with all those changes of pace and instant electronic drums with no decay (that are used in pretty much every song in the album anyway). It is hipnotizing.

Feb 20, 2007 at 5:41 PM Post #11 of 21
Ok. Here I go again. I'm not much of a zealot for anything but this record is really something. I didn't listen to it for a few weeks and I forgot how good it is. I've been listening to it for a while now. Far better than Hail to the thief IMHO (which is pretty good, don't get me wrong).

I strongly suggest to keep it listening with open mind until you start to (fully) appreciate how good it is. It takes a bit of effort but it will be greatly rewarded. There are at least 6 amazing songs once you acquire the taste for it.

Feb 20, 2007 at 6:27 PM Post #13 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by markl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Need a choice for, "it's OK, but not as good as Radiohead".

Ditto...I'll add one if you like.

Feb 20, 2007 at 7:19 PM Post #15 of 21
I just put it on while I'm reading and responding to this thread. I like it but it seems to get lost in my collection - I like it when I play it but I don't keep coming back to it.

It just doesn't seep into me like Bends/OK Computer/Kid A did. That run of three albums was just incredible to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back