This seems pretty good???
Nov 14, 2002 at 10:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

PinkFloyd

Headphoneus Supremus
Musical fidelity X-PSU power specs are 12V AC / 20VA I've found this garden light company in the UK who do a 12V AC / 50VA toroidal for £13.80.

The X-can will never draw anything near to 50VA so this is probably a good enough transformer for the job.. what do you think?

If I go up to £65 I can get a water submersible transformer but I don't know if they have any "sonic" advantages over the non submersible varieties
tongue.gif

Have a look at their range and your feedback would be appreciated before I order one of these jobs... the last thing I want to do is fry my x-can
very_evil_smiley.gif

http://www.dealec.co.uk/acatalog/Dea...hting_402.html

Nov 14, 2002 at 11:09 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally posted by PinkFloyd
Musical fidelity X-PSU power specs are 12V AC / 20VA I've found this garden light company in the UK who do a 12V AC / 50VA toroidal for £13.80.

The X-can will never draw anything near to 50VA so this is probably a good enough transformer for the job.. what do you think?

PinkFloyd,

The rating on this thing should tell you the maximum amount of current it can handle. If you get one that can handle more current it should be no problem. Plus, since it's toroidal you'll get the added benefit of noise rejection, so you're amp should take another step forward in sound quality once in place.

Keep us updated on the Creek upgrade/not upgrade path!!! Those of us who own one are really hoping this makes a big difference. But, if you can't afford it, or don't want to, please feel no compunction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back