This Schiit combi for LCD-GX?
Oct 2, 2019 at 4:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Chintz

New Head-Fier
Hi,

while searching for a suitable amp/dac for a LCD-GX i just discarded Topping and Aune products because of their high output imdedance of 10ohm (the LCD-GX are only 20ohm). What do you think about the following combination for connecting the DAC to the pc via usb and the amp to the dac? Any other recommendations maybe?

Magni 3 - HEADPHONE AMP AND PREAMP - EU
Schiit Wyrd

Thx!

Nov 23, 2019 at 12:16 AM Post #2 of 5
Hi,

while searching for a suitable amp/dac for a LCD-GX i just discarded Topping and Aune products because of their high output imdedance of 10ohm (the LCD-GX are only 20ohm). What do you think about the following combination for connecting the DAC to the pc via usb and the amp to the dac? Any other recommendations maybe?

Schiit Wyrd

Thx!
I’ve had good results with my rme adi 2 dac/amp and my Schiit lyr3 on the lcd-gx, they scale well with some power.

Nov 23, 2019 at 12:40 PM Post #3 of 5
Hi,

Schiit Wyrd

Thx!

What DAC are you using now? But no amp? How do you know it has noise if you don't have an amp?

In any case the Wyrd isn't a 100% guaranteed fix for USB noise...because sometimes the noise isn't coming from the USB (nor even a power issue on the USB port) but something like ground loop.

Nov 23, 2019 at 1:44 PM Post #4 of 5
What DAC are you using now? But no amp? How do you know it has noise if you don't have an amp?

In any case the Wyrd isn't a 100% guaranteed fix for USB noise...because sometimes the noise isn't coming from the USB (nor even a power issue on the USB port) but something like ground loop.

Ok, my DAC's are 1. Oppo UDP-205 2. RME ADI-2

The Oppo feeds into my Schiit Lyr 3 and the RME is a standalone DAC/headphone amp, both are fed music/games from my computer. The RME is capable of 1.5w per channel and and the Schiit Lyr3 6w per channel at 32ohm.
I do have isolation transformers from tripp lite on my gear, this unit helped quite a bit with my noise issues.
I would check light bulbs and switches, especially dimmer switches. Also if you have a WiFi router, make sure its a good distance away on a separate circuit.

https://www.amazon.com/Tripp-Lite-I...534112&sprefix=tripp+lite+isol,aps,161&sr=8-3

Nov 23, 2019 at 2:04 PM Post #5 of 5
Ok, my DAC's are 1. Oppo UDP-205 2. RME ADI-2

The Oppo feeds into my Schiit Lyr 3 and the RME is a standalone DAC/headphone amp, both are fed music/games from my computer. The RME is capable of 1.5w per channel and and the Schiit Lyr3 6w per channel at 32ohm.
I do have isolation transformers from tripp lite on my gear, this unit helped quite a bit with my noise issues.
I would check light bulbs and switches, especially dimmer switches. Also if you have a WiFi router, make sure its a good distance away on a separate circuit.

https://www.amazon.com/Tripp-Lite-IS1000HG-Isolation-Transformer/dp/B00008YMZO/ref=sr_1_3?crid=1AJ1FLQKCIEBR&keywords=tripp+lite+isolation+transformer&qid=1574534112&sprefix=tripp+lite+isol,aps,161&sr=8-3

I was asking the OP since he was asking about an "amp/dac" and then listed an amp and a USB signal cleaner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back