This newbie is ditching his logitech for vintage! Help!
Oct 6, 2009 at 11:28 PM Post #18 of 23
Behringer Truth studio monitors are good for the money, I built my mother-in-law a home theatre out of them, had a really tight budget. Basically a 5.1 setup + reciever, interconnects, and speaker wire for 1000$. I think I did pretty good. Ended up with 3 pair of the truth speakers for 5.0 duty, and entry level elemental designs subwoofer and onkyo 606 reciever. it destroys any htib. The ED A2-250 is an insane bargain.

Here's a link to the speakers im refering to, http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...ml#accessories

You probably won't hear alot about them, they are kind of a sleeper hit imo. They are front ported as well, a nice feature, pretty weighty for their size too.

IMG_110352.jpg

Oct 7, 2009 at 3:27 AM Post #20 of 23
not really, i think you can do better.. look on a price engine site like froogle. should be more like 100-120$

Oct 10, 2009 at 3:15 AM Post #22 of 23
blah, none of the people are getting back to me or have sold their stuff.

As far as Marantz goes, what models should I be looking out for? Also, how are these speakers?

B&W DM110
Polk Monitor 40

If it's at all helpful, here's an auto craigslist search for areas I can drive to pretty easily. If anyone wanted to give a "vintage receivers" or "bookshelf speakers" search a quick dig through, I'd be forever indebted!

crazedlist.org : search craigslist like a madman

Oct 10, 2009 at 8:49 AM Post #23 of 23
I have a pair of Acculine speakers that are pretty fantastic and easy to power in the FS forum. I powered it with a vintage integrated amp and now a vintage power amp and they sound great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back