This looks awesome...wonder how it sounds.
Jan 18, 2006 at 4:26 AM Post #2 of 7
I have not heard that unit, but Sonic Frontiers was owned by Chris Johnson who now owns Parts Connexion (a new sponsor of Head-Fi). I have heard nothing but praise about Sonic Frontier products.

Jan 19, 2006 at 1:38 AM Post #3 of 7
has anyone heard about this preamp?

Silver colour anodised aluminum faceplate, Jaguar 'Anthracite Black' clear coat finish on a solid steel chassis. Variable MC cartridge loading with settings for 30, 100 or 330 ohms, remote volume control and muting, 1 Cinema Bypass, 1 tape monitor loop, 1 XLR balanced stereo input, 3 RCA stereo inputs, 1 XLR balanced and 2 RCA pairs of preamplifier outputs. External power supply with 5AR4 vacuum tube voltage rectification. Timer warm up circuit allows the SLP 05 to be used safely with rapid turn on solid state power amplifiers. The headphone power amplifier uses 12AU7 vacuum tubes for fantastic headphone listening!
caryslp050dx.jpg

Jan 19, 2006 at 10:40 AM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by edisonwu
has anyone heard about this preamp?

Silver colour anodised aluminum faceplate, Jaguar 'Anthracite Black' clear coat finish on a solid steel chassis. Variable MC cartridge loading with settings for 30, 100 or 330 ohms, remote volume control and muting, 1 Cinema Bypass, 1 tape monitor loop, 1 XLR balanced stereo input, 3 RCA stereo inputs, 1 XLR balanced and 2 RCA pairs of preamplifier outputs. External power supply with 5AR4 vacuum tube voltage rectification. Timer warm up circuit allows the SLP 05 to be used safely with rapid turn on solid state power amplifiers. The headphone power amplifier uses 12AU7 vacuum tubes for fantastic headphone listening!
caryslp050dx.jpg

This is a prototype photo of the Cary SLP-05 preamp. The final product uses eight 6sn7 tubes (no 12au7 tubes) and two of them are for the headphone section. It is an all tube design with a seperate tubed (instead of internal) power supply. More info can be seen at www.caryaudio.com
The early reviews say it is a very good preamp. It does not have the phono stage in the final propduct.

Feb 13, 2006 at 2:43 AM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by tom hankins
This is a prototype photo of the Cary SLP-05 preamp. The final product uses eight 6sn7 tubes (no 12au7 tubes) and two of them are for the headphone section. It is an all tube design with a seperate tubed (instead of internal) power supply. More info can be seen at www.caryaudio.com
The early reviews say it is a very good preamp. It does not have the phono stage in the final propduct.

I took this pic from stoneaudio. and there they state this is balanced preamp using 4*12AX7 and 2*12AU7. But I later got quite a different description from cary audio. I love the one from stoneaudio better..
rolleyes.gif

Feb 13, 2006 at 2:45 AM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeW
holy crap that is alot of tubes
blink.gif

this comes the power supply as well, same size as the amp. lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back