This looks about right.
Mar 31, 2010 at 6:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

mmd8x28

100+ Head-Fier
I did some calibration and testing, with my HDV 1080p video camera. I think these colors look about right.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...gon/hdtest.jpg

I chose to test against my bedroom window, because the house paint really IS that vibrant, that way I set the limits on how vibrant it expresses chroma.

Mar 31, 2010 at 7:22 AM Post #2 of 13
Yeah, seems like you are right.

Mar 31, 2010 at 2:45 PM Post #3 of 13
Well, does it look the same on screen as in real life? Also, all monitors are different.

Mar 31, 2010 at 3:41 PM Post #4 of 13
Well, it looks very close, but not perfect.

My idea is to see how people perceive it when they never seen it in real life, to see if the colors are believable.

Mar 31, 2010 at 5:42 PM Post #5 of 13
What if their own monitor is not calibrated? They'll never perceive the perception of the believable without correctly calibrating chroma control on their computer.

(I either need more coffee, or less coffee.)

Mar 31, 2010 at 5:49 PM Post #6 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by bhjazz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What if their own monitor is not calibrated? They'll never perceive the perception of the believable without correctly calibrating chroma control on their computer.

(I either need more coffee, or less coffee.)

It won't be true to the color, but the differences between the screen and the wall will still be unchanged. It is effective.

Apr 4, 2010 at 9:53 PM Post #9 of 13
Looks a bit grey. Perhaps more vibrance is needed? Also, it probably doesn't look the same on your monitor as what I'm seeing.

Apr 5, 2010 at 12:51 AM Post #11 of 13
ill get back to you as soon as B&H gets around to shipping my Dreamcolor

I do not think the image looks too grey at all! It looks far more lifelike than the typical video, which is almost always oversaturated (if not during filming, then during post). Very very nicely done, indeed

Apr 5, 2010 at 4:15 PM Post #12 of 13
Can't comment on the photo quality, but great song choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back