This is why universal IEM's shouldnt go soooo inside
Mar 1, 2009 at 2:28 PM Post #31 of 35
He probably own an old Shure IEM.
It happened to me with my old E3C, but I managed to remove the silicon tip by myself. No drama as they were doing...
UE triple.fi with silicon tips don't go that deep and yet they always end up inside my ears.

Mar 1, 2009 at 2:37 PM Post #32 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by qusp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
happened to me with comply I fell asleep with my W3 in and woke up in the morning, got up... actually spent about 5 minutes walking around in my usual zombie like state, before I have my coffee and cigarette, looking for the comply tip that I was sure was on the W3 when I went to sleep. I was really pissed too because that was the only pair of long comply that i had (I had only just got the W3 and I only used short comply on my SE530) anyway I found the tip
redface.gif
; got it out with tweezers too, but jeez it was right in there, I dont know if it would have been so easy to get out if it was a short T400.

I don't know which is more scary. The idea of a tip getting stuck deep in the canal or your not realizing that it's stuck in your ear based on your hearing being impaired.

Mar 2, 2009 at 5:50 AM Post #33 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by aimlink /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't know which is more scary. The idea of a tip getting stuck deep in the canal or your not realizing that it's stuck in your ear based on your hearing being impaired.

wasnt for that long dude, and besides I dont function AT ALL in the morning until I get a coffee/cigarette into me
wink.gif
and thats the first thing I do, until then i'm the walking dead; anyone who knows me will concur

Mar 2, 2009 at 6:06 AM Post #34 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by thechungster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ah so they were Shures... I thought all Shures had tips that just stay on the stem like super glue.
redface.gif

lol the tips on my ie8's (comply) ain't going nowhere anytime soon with how tight they fit
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 2, 2009 at 6:35 AM Post #35 of 35
I've lost small Ety triflanges in my ears a handful of times, had to grab a pair of tweezers to get them out twice (the two times after I cut the "stem" off the tips... nothing to grab on to anymore lol). As for not noticing them stuck in your ear, its a lot easier to overlook than you'd think, especially in the morning :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back